Twitch is one of the popular American online streaming platforms and is owned by Amazon Inc. The users can live stream the gaming sessions along with the ability to chat and discuss game plans with their friends while playing. Apart from gaming, you find videos in other genres like food, news, sports, DIY, travel, occasional TV series, talk shows, music, etc. Unfortunately, while streaming on Twitch, you may encounter a few error codes that prevent you from watching the videos. Twitch Network Error 2000 is one such error code that occurs while streaming Twitch on a web browser.
Twitch Network Error 2000: Possible Causes
The Network connection issue is the primary reason for the Twitch Network Error 2000. The possible reasons behind the Twitch Error 5000 are listed down.
- Corrupted cache & cookies
- DNS server problem
- Slow internet connections
- Extensions or other Add-Ons installed on the browser
- Anti-virus software discord
- The corrupted browser
- Twitch server issue
How to Fix Twitch Network Error 2000
There are twelve possible troubleshooting methods to fix the network error code 2000 on Twitch. You can try them in any order as per your convenience.
- Switch to a different web browser
- Disable your Firewall
- Disable Ad Blocker and Browser Extensions
- Disable the Antivirus Software
- Check your Internet connection
- Clear the Caches & Cookies of your web browser
- Disable HTML 5 Player
- Try Desktop Application
- Reset your Router and Modem
- Turn off VPN
- Flush DNS Servers Cache
- Contact Twitch Support
1. Switch to a Different Web Browser
Sometimes, the error may occur due to an issue with the web browser. If you’re using Google Chrome to stream Twitch videos, install any of the following web browsers instead and try to stream the video.
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Edge
If the new browser solves the Error 2000 on Twitch, make it the default one to stream the video games. Or move to the next step if the problem remains.
2. Disable your Firewall
The firewall will protect the browser, and it will restrict the unwanted network. In this case, disable the firewall on your web browser and try to play any content on Twitch. Then check the network error code 2000 on Twitch is fixed. If not, then try out the next troubleshooting method.
3. Disable Ad-Blocker and Browser Extensions
When you enable the ad-blocker or other browser extensions, it will impact the performance while streaming the content on Twitch. And you will get a Twitch error code 2000. To resolve this, you need to disable the browser extensions and some ad-blockers. Sometimes, the third-party plugins or add-ons will also cause some errors. Here is the procedure to disable the Ad-blocker and browser extension.
FYI: Since you can Chromecast Twitch from the browser, the fixes below will help resolve the error code 2000.
Turn Off Browser Extension on Google Chrome
1. Open the Google Chrome browser on your PC.
2. Tap on the More icon at the top right and select More Tools >> Extensions.
3. Now, Turn off all the extensions one by one.
4. Tap the Remove button next to each extension.
5. Relaunch the Twitch application.
Turn Off Browser Extension on Mozilla Firefox
1. On your PC, launch the Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Tap on the Hamburger icon and select the Add-ons and Themes.
3. Select Extensions.
5. Turn off all the extensions.
6. Relaunch Twitch.
Turn Off Browser Extension on Microsoft Edge
1. Open Edge browser.
2. Click on the General menu icon at the top right corner
3. Select Extensions >> Manage Extensions
4. Tap Remove next to the Extension.
Once the Ad-Ons or extensions on your browser are disabled, make sure the error is resolved. If not, then jump to the next fixing method.
4. Disable the Antivirus Software
Antivirus software, in other words, is known as windows defender. It will defend or secure your device from any malicious software when you connect any external storage devices. However, when you disable your third-party antivirus software, it will enhance the performance of your device. But in some cases, it will not allow Twitch to stream properly. And you will get the error code 2000. To turn off the antivirus software on your device, follow the steps below.
- Initially, right-click on the Avast Shield antivirus.
- Select Avast Shields control from the menu list.
- Now, choose your desired time to disable the antivirus software on your device.
- Finally, re-open Twitch and play any of your favorite content and check if it is working fine.
If you have installed Anti-virus software like Kaspersky, AVG antivirus program, and Avast antivirus, disable it and check if Twitch is working properly without any error. If the error remains, move to the next potential solutions.
5. Check your Internet Connection
The primary thing that you need to check is your internet or WiFi connection. Poor internet connection may cause the network error code 2000 on Twitch. So, check whether your internet connection is properly working. If not, connect it properly or try connecting your Switch to a different connection. Now, check if the error gets fixed. Otherwise, try out the next potential fixes.
6. Clear Cache and Cookies on your Web Browser
Due to the temporary caches & cookies, Twitch may not load properly. Hence, clearing the corrupted cache and cookies from the Chrome browser will fix the error code.
Clear Caches on Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome on your device.
2. Click the More icon at the top right. Tap More tools >> Clear Browsing data.
3. Select the Time range or select Select All time.
4. Check the required checkboxes such as Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files.
4. Tap Clear data.
Clear Caches On Mozilla Firefox
1. On your device, launch Firefox.
2. Select Preferences >> Privacy & Security panel.
3. Tap Clear Data under the Cookies and Site Data section.
4. Click the Cookies and Site Data checkboxes.
5. Click the Clear button.
Clear Caches on Microsoft Edge
1. Launch the Microsoft Edge browser
2. Press Shift + Ctrl + Delete key
3. Click the Clear button
Once you have cleared the corrupted caches and unwanted cookies, your web browser will work without any error. Still, if you get an error issue, try to resolve it by following the next error fixing methods.
7. Disable HTML 5 Player
HTML 5 player will automatically play the videos on your web browser. To Disable the autoplay of audio and video content on HTML 5 Player, follow the steps.
. Initially, open Twitch’s official web page and play any video on Twitch.
. Click on the Settings option on the bottom left corner of the screen.
. Now select the Advanced Settings option.
. From the list, disable HTML 5 Player.
Now, stream the content on Twitch and check if the error is fixed. If the network error persists, then move to the next troubleshooting methods.
8. Try Desktop Application
Desktop Applications can be faster and more responsive than their web counterparts. It will run at slow internet speeds also. And it allows the application to run at high speed and stream the videos in good resolution quality.
To install the desktop application, follow the below-mentioned instructions.
. Head to the Twitch Desktop download page.
. Download the desired app for your desktop.
Now try to stream Twitch and check the error is fixed.
9. Reset your Router and Modem
Restart your router and modem to fix the network error. At times, your router or modem may get some technical errors or bugs, or the wire connection might be loose. So, unplug all the wires from the device as well as from the power cord. Keep your device idle for about 10-20 seconds and again, plug in all the wires and restart your devices. Then play the Twitch video and check if it is working fine.
10. Turn Off VPN
VPN is used to access the service when you are in a restricted region. Though VPN might encrypt some data, you may see the Twitch error code 2000. In this scenario, turn off the VPN and close all the background running apps. To do that, follow the below-given steps.
1. Navigate to Settings on your web browser.
2. Select VPN on the left side panel.
3. Under the Advanced option, turn off the toggle near Allow VPN while roaming.
Once the VPN is disabled successfully, relaunch Twitch and try to access the content. Check if the network error code is fixed. If it persists, then follow the next troubleshooting method given below.
11. Flush DNS Servers Cache
Flushing the DNS Servers Cache will remove all the entities, and it also deletes the invalid records. Then it forces your computer to procreate the Twitch application. Follow the guidelines to flush the DNS Servers Cache.
. Press Windows + S hot keys on the keyboard.
. Type Command Prompt in the search box.
. Tap Run as administrator option.
. In the Command Prompt window, type ipconfig/flushdns and tap the Enter key on the keyboard.
. Tap on the X icon at the top right corner of the screen to close the window.
. Now, relaunch the Chrome Browser and play any Video content on Twitch.
Now, check if the network error code is fixed. Otherwise, call the customer support service to resolve the issue.
12. Contact Twitch Support
If any of the above-mentioned solutions will not give you a hand to fix the issue, contact the Customer support team of Twitch and explain the issue that you are facing. If possible, you can also send a screenshot to explain your issue. They will help you to resolve the Network Error 2000 problem on Twitch.
The possible methods to fix the Network error 2000 on Twitch are mentioned clearly in this article. Once the error gets resolved, you can stream gameplay of various games, including Call of Duty, Clash Royale, GTA, Dota 2, Valorant, and much more on Twitch.
Unlike other apps, Twitch allows you to live chat with other players. You can also create your own gaming content to telecast it on the app, allowing other users to comment on it. It can share the gameplay from PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch. Likewise, you shall also fix the WS-37397-9 PlayStation 4 Error Code.
Frequently Asked Questions
Twitch Network error code 2000 occurs due to a network issue on your web browser, or some antivirus software might block the Twitch content.
You can resolve the Twitch network error code 2000 by following the potential troubleshooting methods given above in this article.