Anyone who has even spent a bit of time in the gaming community has heard of Twitch. Twitch is the biggest game streaming platform with tons of content creators across the globe. It’s not just all that, there are also a bunch of different categories that people stream, ranging from just chatting to ASMR. You can watch all your favorite esports tournaments live here. In this article, we will discuss everything you need to know about Twitch on Google TV.
Twitch is a robust platform that is available across all devices. The app is available for all kinds of TV boxes along with Android and iOS devices along with web versions for computers. Twitch app is officially available for your Google TV in the Google Play Store.
How to Add Twitch on Google TV
1. From the home screen, select the Search option from the main menu.
2. Then, choose the Search for Apps option.
3. Enter Twitch into the search box.
4. Select the Twitch app from the search results.
5. Then, click the Install button on the app info page.
5. Once the installation process is complete, click the Open button to launch the Twitch app.
6. Sign in to your Twitch account and enjoy streaming your favorite content on Google TV.
How to Cast Twitch to Google TV (Android/iOS)
1. Connect your smartphone and Google TV device to the same WiFi network.
3. Sign in to the Twitch app and tap on the Cast icon.
4. Select your Google TV device.
5. Now, choose the content you want to in the Twitch app.
6. You can watch them on your Google TV.
Related: How to Stream Twitch on Apple TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is Twitch available for Google TV?
Yes, the official Twitch app is available in the Google Play Store and you can download it directly to your Google TV device.
2. Do you need a Twitch Prime to access Twitch?
No, the Twitch app is free to use and you can watch your favorite streamers for free if you don’t mind a few ads. However, you can get a Twitch Prime that comes with a bunch of benefits. If you want to know more about this, you can visit the Twitch website.