Video Hits One, most popularly known as the VH1 channel, is an American cable TV channel from ViacomCBS Network. The channel originally came from the success of its sister channel MTV. The VH1 channel focussed on the lighter and softer side of popular music, targeting the slightly older audience. Apart from music, it also features reality shows and programs based on music celebrities. There are shows that target African American audiences too. With the extensive set of shows and programs, it is a complete entertainment option. Now, let us see how to get the VH1 channel on your Google TV.
You can install the VH1 channel’s TV everywhere app on your Google TV and stream the channel with a cable or satellite TV service provider. Likewise, you can also stream the channel with a live TV streaming service provider without cable. There is also another way to get the channel by sideloading the VH1 APK to the Google TV with the Downloader app.
How to Install VH1 on Google TV
1. Set up your Chromecast with Google TV with your TV and connect it to the internet network.
2. Then, press the Home button and click on the Search option.
3. On the search screen, type VH1 and select the app.
4. Now, click on the Install button.
5. Wait for the VH1 app to download and install.
6. Now click Open to launch the app.
How to Sideload VH1 on Google TV
It is easy to sideload an app on Chromecast with Google TV.
1. Launch your Chromecast with Google TV and connect it to the WiFi network.
2. Search for the Downloader app and install it on your Google TV.
3. Open the Downloader app and click on the Profile icon.
4. Choose the Settings option and then select the About option.
5. Click on the Android TV OS Build continuously until you see You are now a developer message.
6. Then, go to Settings > Apps > Unknown Sources.
7. Enable the toggle near the Downloader app.
8. Open the Downloader app and provide all the necessary permissions.
9. Then, enter the APK URL VH1 on the URL field and click Go.
10. Install the VH1 app on your Google TV.
11. Click Open to launch the app.
How to Activate VH1 on Google TV
1. Click on the Sign in with a TV Service provider button.
2. Visit the VH1 activation website.
3. Enter the activation code from the TV screen and click Continue.
4. Now, sign in with your pay-TV service provider.
5. The channel will load all the available video titles. Choose the video you want to play.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is VH1 on Chromecast?
No, the channel isn’t a cast-enabled app. But you can install the VH1 app on your Chromecast with Google TV.
2. Which streaming service has VH1?