Vimeo is an entertainment platform that allows you to host, share and view video content. This American media hosting network operates with its headquarters in New York City. Vimeo has been available worldwide ever since its launch in 2004. It lets the creators exhibit their content while providing all the tools for creating, editing, and broadcasting videos. Vimeo is a one-stop tool for video creators worldwide as it has everything they need for content creation. It is accessible from Android, iOS, Apple TV, Roku, Android TV, Firestick, Chromecast, etc. However, this session will guide you to install Vimeo on Google TV.
How to Install Vimeo on Chromecast with Google TV
We can download the Vimeo app from the Play Store. The process is pretty simple if you follow the below guide.
1. Make sure your Google TV device has an active internet connection.
2. Click on the Search menu on your home screen.
3. Type in Vimeo in the search bar using the on-screen keyboard and search for it.
4. Choose the Vimeo app from the search results.
5. Click the Install button on the app info page to download the app to your Google TV device.
5. Wait for the installation to complete. With that, you have done with the Vimeo app download on Google TV.
Related: How to Add Acorn TV on Google TV in All Possible Ways
How to Activate Vimeo on Google TV
1. Launch the newly installed Vimeo app on your Google TV.
2. Next, click on the Sign In option.
3. An activation code of Vimeo will be displayed on your TV screen.
4. Further, visit the Vimeo Activation Page from any device and Sign in to your account.
5. On the page that appears, enter the Activation Code in the space provided.
6. Finally, click on the Activate option.
7. Once the activation is done, your TV screen will refresh, and you can watch content from Vimeo from your Google TV.
Alternative Way: Cast Vimeo to Google TV
You can cast Vimeo from your smartphone or PC to Chromecast with Google TV, and the procedure is given below.
Cast Vimeo Videos to Google TV from Smartphone
1. Make sure your Android/iOS device is connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
3. Next, Sign In to your Vimeo account.
4. Play any Vimeo video content you want to cast to your TV.
5. Click on the Cast icon in the media player.
6. Select the Google TV device from the list of available devices.
7. Once the connection is established, your content will start to stream on Google TV.
Related: How to Watch Vimeo on TV using Chromecast
Cast Vimeo from Computer to Google TV
1. Firstly, connect your computer and Google TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Next, open the Google Chrome web browser on your computer and visit the Vimeo website.
3. Sign in with your Vimeo account.
4. Further, play the video you want to cast to the Google TV.
6. Click on the Google Custom Control icon or three-dotted menu icon on the top-right corner of the screen.
7. Next, click on the Cast option.
8. Select your Google TV from the list of available devices.
9. Once the connection is established, the video will start playing on your Google TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do you need a paid subscription to watch Vimeo?
Not necessarily. You can watch videos for free on Vimeo. However, the platform has options for paid plans that offer you many services.
2. How much does a Vimeo subscription cost?
Vimeo offers three premium plans: Plus ($7/mo), Pro ($20/mo), and Premium ($56.25/mo). In addition, users can contact the support team to get an Enterprise plan.