Microsoft launched the Xbox controller to give the best gaming experience. You can play all the games along with your friends and can also stream movies, on-demand content, and live and non-live streams on the console itself. However, in recent times, users have reported that they get Xbox Status Code 0x87DD0006 or 87DD0006 while signing in to the Xbox console. The reason behind this is the server issue. i.e., It appears when the player has an issue signing into the Xbox Live servers on the PC or console. So, if you’re facing the Xbox Error Code 0x87DD0006 and struggling to resolve it, this article will provide you with several troubleshooting guides.
How to Fix Xbox Error Code 0x87DD0006
You can follow the below fixes one by one to fix the Xbox sign in error code 0x87DD0006.
Check Xbox Live Services Status
When you enter the wrong billing information, you will face the Xbox Error Code 0x87DD0006. So, check your information, and if it is wrong, correct it.
- Initially, log in to your Microsoft account.
- Select the Payment and billing section.
- Click on Billing Info.
- Select the Edit profile icon.
- Now, follow the on-screen instruction and update the correct billing information.
For Xbox One: Open guide >> Select Settings >> All Settings >> Account section >> Select Payment & billing >> choose Change billing address >> Edit billing info >> Click Next >> Select Save info to save the changes.
On Xbox 360: Navigate to Settings >> select Account >> click Manage Payment >> Update the billing info >> click Ok to save changes.
For Xbox Series X: Press Xbox button >> click Profile & System >>Settings >> choose Account >> select Payment & billing section >> select Edit Info.
Insert Game Disc
Try inserting the Xbox Disc to see if the error gets resolved. You need to insert any Xbox game disc into the console. After inserting it, try signing in again. Check whether the error persists. If yes, try other methods.
Delete and Add User Profile
When your user profile is corrupted, the Xbox Assist Error Code 0x87DD0006 will appear. So, you can delete the profile and re-download it to fix the error.
Steps to Remove Account:
- On your controller, press the Xbox button.
- Click on the System, followed by a click on Settings.
- Navigate to Accounts and select Remove accounts.
- From the list, choose the account you want to delete and click on Remove.
Steps to Add Account:
- Press the Xbox button from the controller.
- Choose your Avatar and select Add New.
- Enter your login credentials.
- Now, accept the Service and Privacy Terms.
- Follow the on-screen instruction to add the account.
On Xbox One:
- To Remove: Open guide >> go to Settings >> click All Settings >> Select Account >> click Remove accounts >> choose the account >> click Remove.
- To Add: Open the Guide, go to Add & Manage >> Add New >> Log in with your Microsoft account >> accept Microsoft service agreement and privacy statement >> Follow the on-screen instructions.
On Xbox 360:
- To Remove: Go to Settings >> Select System >> click on Storage >> select All device /Hard Drive >> Profiles >> select the profile >> click Delete Profile only.
- To Add: Open Guide >> select Download profile >> enter the Microsoft log in info >> choose the storage.
Use Different Account
If you have more than one account, use the alternative account and check if the error is fixed. You need to log out from the current account that shows Xbox Sign In Error 0x87DD0006. Next, enter the Microsoft Xbox login details of a different account and see if the error still appears.
Related: Xbox Live on Nintendo Switch: How it Works and How to Use
Restart Network Device
Restarting your modem or router may help you fix the Xbox Error Code 0x87DD0006. To do so,
- Switch off your Xbox console.
- On the modem, press the Power button to turn it off.
- Then, press the Power button again after a few minutes to turn on the console.
- Now, check whether the Xbox Sign In Error 0x87DD0006 is solved or not.
Update the Xbox Console
There is a lot of chance for the issue to get solved by updating the Xbox Console. So, try updating it by following the below steps.
- On your controller, press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Scroll down and select Settings.
- Select All Settings and select the System option.
- Next, choose Updates and select Update Console.
- The Xbox console will start to update its new version.
- Once updated, see if the error gets fixed.
On Xbox One: Press Menu button >> Select Settings >> choose Devices & streaming >> choose Accessories >> select the controller >> click three dots >> select Firmware version to update.
Restart your Console
Restarting your Xbox console will sometimes fix the error. To do so, follow the below guidelines
- On your console, press the Xbox button.
- Navigate to Profile & System and click on Settings.
- Go to General Tab and select Power mode & Startup.
- Select the Full Shutdown option.
- Then, click Shut Down.
- You need to unplug the console from the power outlet and wait for 3-5 minutes.
- Now, plug the console into the power outlet and press the Power button to check if the error still persists.
Restart your Xbox console to delete all the corrupted data and help in fixing the errors.
If you can’t sign in to Xbox Live, press the Xbox button to get to the power center. Here, select Restart. The console will get restarted. Once done, try to log in again.
Restart your device, update the Xbox console, check the server, Clear Xbox 360 Storage or try resetting your IP or DNS.
Visit the Xbox Live Service Status page to check if the service is down or check the status of the account.