Xfinity is one of the largest networks in the telecommunication and broadcasting industry. Xfinity Stream is one of its streaming services that features 250+ Live TV channels. In addition, you can watch thousands of on-demand movies and shows. The app lets you download the movie library and your recordings and access it offline. It is completely free to stream if you have an Xfinity internet or cable subscription otherwise, you need to pay for the subscription. You can stream the Xfinity Stream app on your Chromecast with Google TV if you follow the section further.
Ways to Watch Xfinity Stream on Chromecast with Google TV
Xfinity Stream isn’t made available for Google TV officially. So, you have to rely on alternative methods to stream it.
How to Sideload Xfinity Stream on Google TV
(1) First, connect your Chromecast with Google TV to your TV.
(2) Make sure to connect your Chromecast with Google TV to the internet.
(2) On the home screen, click on the Search option.
(3) Navigate to the on-screen keyboard and type Downloader on the search field.
(4) Select the Downloader app from the list.
(5) Now, click on the Install button on the app info screen.
(6) The Downloader app will be downloaded and installed on your Chromecast with Google TV.
(7) Enable the Developer Mode with the following steps.
- Click on the Profile icon on the home screen, then choose Settings.
- Then, choose the About menu option.
- Click on the Android OS Build option continuously until you get the You are now a developer message on the screen.
(8) Now, you have to Enable Unknown Sources for the Downloader app.
- Go to the Google TV Settings.
- Then, choose Apps followed by Security and Restrictions on the next screen.
- Now, choose Unknown Sources.
- Turn on the toggle near the Downloader app.
(9) Open the Downloader app on your Google TV.
(10) With the home tab being selected on the left pane, highlight the URL field.
(11) Now, enter the Xfinity Stream apk link https://bit.ly/32mv8QT.
(12) Click on the Go button and install the Xfinity Stream app on your TV.
(16) Launch the Xfinity Stream app on Google TV, click on Get Started, and log in to your account.
How to Cast Xfinity Stream on Google TV Using Smartphone
(1) Install the Xfinity app on your Android smartphone from the Play Store.
(2) Make sure to connect your smartphone and the Chromecast with Google TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
(3) Pull down the Notification bar from the top of the screen.
(4) Tap on the Cast icon and select the Chromecast with Google TV from the list of available devices.
(5) Contents will now be streamed on your TV if there is a successful connection.
(6) Then, open the Xfinity Stream app and stream your favorite content. The video will appear on your Google TV.
Related: How to Install Xfinity Stream on Firestick & Fire TV.
How to Cast Xfinity Stream on Google TV Using PC
(1) Launch the Google Chrome browser on your Windows or Mac PC.
(2) Make sure to connect your computer and your Google TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
(3) Go to the https://www.xfinity.com/stream/ site and stream any video content.
(4) Right-click on the screen and choose the Cast option.
(5) Choose the Google TV device and select Cast Tab on the Sources drop-down.
(6) Now, the contents will be streamed on your TV.
There is no official Xfinity Stream app for Chromecast with Google TV. You can only stream the contents either by sideloading the app using the Downloader app or cast the contents from your smartphone or PC.
You can’t install Xfinity Stream on Chromecast. However, you can cast Xfinity Stream on Chromecast from your smartphone or PC.