YouTube Music is an audio streaming platform from YouTube, an app developed by Google to replace Google Play Music in 2020. The app has all the features of all the leading music streaming apps. It gives you song recommendations based on your music tastes and lets you search for songs based on genres also by name or artist. YouTube Music is available for Android and iOS devices and most popular streaming devices and smart TVs. It is available in over 100 countries, and you can access YouTube Music on Google TV.
YouTube Music is a free-to-download app in the Google Play Store. However, a premium subscription comes at $9.99 per month. The free version plays songs from music videos, while the premium version plays official tracks. The premium version also gives you ad-free music and also enables background playing.
How to Install YouTube Music on Google TV
1. Firstly, check if your Google TV has an active internet connection.
2. Further, open the Google Play Store on your device.
3. Click on the Search icon on the Play Store.
4. Type YouTube Music app in the search bar using the on-screen keyboard and search for it.
5. Then, click on the YouTube Music app from the search results.
6. Click on the Install button on the app info page to download the app.
7. When the download is complete, launch the YouTube Music app.
8. Finally, sign in to your YouTube Music account to access your personalized music.
Related: How to Add and Stream Dailymotion on Google TV
How to Cast YouTube Music on Google TV
To cast YouTube Music, you shall use your
From Android/iOS devices
1. Firstly, connect your Android/iOS device to the same Wi-Fi network as Google TV.
2. Next, launch the YouTube Music app on your Android/iOS device.
3. Select the music track that you want to stream to your Google TV.
4. Click on the Cast icon on the top of the screen.
6. Choose your Google TV device from the list of available devices to cast.
Cast YouTube Music on Google TV from Computer
1. Make sure your computer and Google TV device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Visit music.youtube.com on the Chrome web browser.
3. Next, click on the Cast icon on the top of the screen.
4. From the available devices to cast, choose your Google TV.
5. Once the connection is established, play the song you want to stream on your Chrome browser.
Related: How to Add and Access TikTok on Google TV in 2 Ways
Frequently asked Questions
1. Can I get YouTube Music on my Google TV without installing the app?
Yes, you can enjoy YouTube Music on your TV by casting it. Read the above article to know the steps.
2. Can you use YouTube Music offline?
Yes. With the YouTube Music Premium plan, you can listen to your favorite songs offline by downloading them.