YouTube has become an inseparable part of entertainment and has been used by people across the world. It is all about videos, and the users can watch what’s trending around the world. Lately, YouTube has been made compatible with lots of Smart TVs, including Firestick, Roku, Sony TV, Android TV, and LG Smart TV is one among them. Upon downloading it from the Content Store on LG TV, the users can stream videos under different genres, from trending music to the latest trailers and more. Besides this, you can subscribe to channels, like, share, and comment on the videos. With YouTube on LG Smart TV, users can get personalized recommendations. Since the app supports Casting and the AirPlay feature, the users can quickly screen mirror YouTube videos to the TV.
YouTube Premium Pricing
YouTube users can upgrade to YouTube Premium, a premium subscription plan to watch videos without any ads. It costs $11.99/month, and those new subscribers will get a 30-day free trial. With this, the users can download YouTube videos and access them offline. It supports playing videos in the background while using other apps. Apart from YouTube, the users will get access to YouTube Music and YouTube Kids. The users are allowed to cancel the premium membership at any time and get back the free YouTube access.
How to Watch YouTube on LG Smart TV
YouTube is available on the LG Content Store, and the users can just access it like the App Store or Play Store to download their favorite applications on the LG Smart TV.
1. Firstly, you need to have a YouTube account. If you haven’t, just Sign up for it.
2. On your LG smart TV remote control, press the Home Button.
3. It will take you to the LG Content Store. You can find Apps on the left pane.
4. Now, search YouTube on your content store. Then download the application.
5. Once done with the YouTube app on LG Smart TV download, you can find the application on your Home screen.
How to Cast YouTube to LG Smart TV
Since LG Smart TV supports casting, the users can screencast the YouTube video to the TV using the YouTube app.
- Connect your smartphone (Android/iOS) and LG TV to identical WIFI.
- Download and install the YouTube app from the Play Store or App Store.
1. On your smartphone, launch the YouTube app from the apps section.
2. Search or browse for a YouTube video you want to start streaming.
3. Select the video to start playing it on your handheld.
4. Now, press the Cast icon from the top of the media player.
5. Select the LG TV name when the list of available devices connected to the same network appears.
6. With that, the YouTube video will start playing on your LG TV.
How to Get YouTube on LG TV from the Phone
This is another way to watch YouTube videos on your Smart TV. You can make use of the feature on the YouTube app called Watch on TV.
On the YouTube App on the LG TV:
- 1. Go to Settings on the YouTube app.
- 2. Tap on Link with TV Code.
- 3. Note down the code displayed in blue color.
On YouTube App on Smartphone or PC:
1. Open the YouTube application on your mobile phone or PC and go to Settings under the Profile.
2. Select General and tap on the Watch on TV option.
3. Under the Link with TV Code, tap on the Enter TV Code option.
4. Now, enter the code on your YouTube app on your phone.
5. With this, you have linked your YouTube app on your phone and TV.
6. You can now watch or cast YouTube videos from your phone on your TV.
The highlight of this feature is that you can minimize the YouTube app and perform any other work on your phone, and the casting operation will not be disturbed.
How to Watch YouTube on Old LG Smart TV using Chromecast
In case you have an old LG TV that doesn’t have the LG Content Store, then you can also use Chromecast to simply cast the videos.
1. Set up Chromecast, and after connecting it to the HDMI port of your smart TV.
2. Now, connect your Chromecast to the WiFi network as same as that of your device.
4. Log in and search for the available devices. Now select your Chromecast device and click Continue.
5. You will find an LG TV code for YouTube on your TV and on your device. Just Tap “That’s my code“. Sometimes you can enter the coder appearing on the TV manually.
6. Now go to YouTube and Play any video. Tap on the Cast Icon to cast your content to the TV.
In the case of the iPhone, you can use the Airplay option. Connect the device and TV to the same WiFi network. Select the YouTube App on your iPhone and now click on AirPlay. Select the LG Smart TV from the available devices. And now you can see the contents.
Nowadays, mostly all Smart TVs and Android TVs have built-in Chromecast, which can be used to cast YouTube.
Why is YouTube Not Working on LG Smart TV
There are lots of times YouTube on LG TV is not working issue. It may be due to issues with the network, service, or device you are using. To fix it up, you shall follow the tips given below.
- If YouTube is slow on LG Smart TV, you need to connect your TV to the stable internet or WIFI.
- If YouTube faces server down issues, you will have to wait for it to get it fixed.
- Force close the app on your device and relaunch it.
- Restart your LG TV as it will fix any temporary issue.
- Update the YouTube app on your LG TV.
- When the issue persists, you shall uninstall and reinstall the app.
- Try updating your LG TV firmware with the latest version.
- Reset your LG smart TV to factory default settings.
And that’s how you can connect YouTube app on LG TV. Sometimes you may not see the YouTube app showing up on your TV. It may be due to the discontinuation of an older version. Just update the YouTube app, and you can find it back. Apart from LG TV, you shall even install and watch YouTube TV on Sony Smart TV.
Yes. It is officially on the Content Store. Even otherwise, you shall cast it from your phone to LG TV.
Play the video you want to put on loop and press the Menu option on the remote. Select the Repeat Mode menu and choose between Once, Single, and All.
To block YouTube, press the Home button >> Settings >> Menu button >> Safety >> turn on Safety >> Application Locks >> YouTube.
To update YouTube on Smart TV, press the Home button on the remote >> LG Content Store >> Apps >> My Apps >> YouTube >> Update.
You need to update your LG TV firmware to the latest version to fix up this issue.
It means your LG TV isn’t compatible with the app.