ABC is one of the best streaming channels available on Roku. With ABC on Roku, you can stream your favorite TV shows, sporting events, new programs, and many more. It features famous TV shows and series like The Good Doctor, Grey’s Anatomy, Modern Family, Army Wives, Body of Proof, etc. To stream the shows on your device, you can install the ABC TV Everywhere app on your Roku. After installing the app on your Roku, you need to link it with your TV provider to watch your favorites on the TV.
If you haven’t opted for any TV provider subscription, you can watch the ABC channel without cable by using streaming services like DIRECTV Stream, Hulu, fuboTV, YouTube TV, and many more. These services also let you watch other live channels without an additional fee.
How to Get the ABC App on Roku
As mentioned earlier, the ABC app is available officially on the Channel Store. Hence, you can install it directly on your device.
1. Launch your Roku device and connect it to a WiFi.
2. From the Roku home screen, select the Home option from the left side panel.
3. Scroll down and select Search Channels.
4. Using the virtual keyboard, search for the ABC app.
5. Now, the ABC app will appear on the search result.
6. Select it and click on Add Channel to install it.
7. Wait until ABC is installed completely.
Once the installation ends, you can link it with your TV provider and stream your favorite content.
How to Get the ABC App From the Roku Website
Did you know? You can also install the app on Roku using a computer.
1. Log in to the Roku website [my.roku.com] on your Smartphone or PC.
2. Click on your Profile icon from the top-right corner of the screen and choose Channel Store.
3. Now, click the Search icon and search for the ABC app.
4. Once the app appears on the page, click Add Channel.
5. The ABC channel will be added to your Roku device.
6. If you cannot find the channel on your Roku device, restart Roku and check it.
How to Activate ABC on Roku Device
As mentioned earlier, after installing the app, you need to activate it on your Roku to stream the content.
1. Launch the ABC app on your Roku device.
2. Once the app opens, click on the Account option.
3. You will get an activation code on the TV.
4. Once you see the code, visit the ABC activation website [abc.com/activate].
5. Now, enter the activation code and hit Continue.
6. Select your TV Provider and sign in with your credentials.
7. Once done, you can stream your favorite TV shows on your Roku device.
How to Watch ABC Without Cable
As we mentioned earlier, if you do not have a Cable TV Provider, use these streaming services to watch the ABC channel on Roku TV.
|STREAMING SERVICE||SUBSCRIPTION COST||FREE TRIAL||OFFICIAL WEBSITE|
|DirecTV Stream||Entertainment – $74.99/month|
Choice – $99.99/month
Ultimate – $109.99/month
Optimo Mas – $74.99/month
|fuboTV||Pro – |
Elite – $84.99/month
Premier – $94.99/month
Latino – $32.99/month
|Sling TV||Orange – $40/month|
Orange & Blue – $60/month
|– [To watch free, use Sling FreeStream]||sling.com|
|Hulu||Hulu + Live TV With Ads – $69.99/month|
Hulu + Live TV Without Ads – $82.99/month
|YouTube TV||Basic – $72.99/month|
Spanish – $34.99/month
How to Screen Mirror ABC to Roku Using Smartphone
1. Before initiating the process, make sure to enable screen mirroring on Roku and connect both devices to the same Wi-Fi connection.
3. Choose the desired video content and start playing it.
4. Then, bring down the notification panel and select Smart View. If you are using an iPhone, select Screen Mirroring.
5. Within a few seconds, your smartphone will list the active devices. From that, choose your Roku device and confirm the process.
6. Immediately, you can see the content on your Roku TV screen.
Why is ABC not Working on Roku? How to Fix?
ABC might not work on Roku for several reasons. If you are facing the ABC app not working issue, then try these troubleshooting methods:
- Uninstall and reinstall the ABC on your device.
- Check whether Roku is connected to a stable internet connection. If not, then try changing the WiFi connection on Roku.
- Restart your Roku. This will fix some minor issues.
- Check whether you have an active subscription. Sometimes, you cannot stream the content If your account is inactive.
- Check for any app updates. If an update is available, then update your ABC app.
- Keep your Roku device up-to-date. Check for any firmware updates on Roku and update them as well.
If nothing works, then try to reset your Roku device. This will fix all the device-related issues and you can use it as a fresh one.
Yes, you can install the ABC app for free. However, you must sign in with your Cable TV Provider.
Yes. You can install the ABC app directly from the Roku Channel Store.