Firestick is one of the most used streaming devices. It comes with a lot of streaming apps to make us enjoy our favorite media content. We get frustrated when getting ads while streaming the contents on Firestick. We all love to watch movies and TV shows without any interruption. But Firestick doesn’t come with AdBlock support. So we need to use a third-party Ad Blocker app for Firestick to block ads and pop-ups on Firestick.
You may find a lot of AdBlock applications, but most of them don’t work well, and they fail to block ads. So we have come with the wonderful adblocker called Blokada. Blokada app really does an extreme job of blocking ads and pop-ups on Firestick.
Steps to Install Ad Blocker for Firestick
1. Select Settings on your Firestick home screen.
2. In that, select the My Fire TV/ Device option.
3. On the next screen, click on Developers options.
4. Next, turn on Apps from Unknown Sources.
5. Then, select Turn On for confirmation.
6. Now, return back to your Firestick home screen and click on the Search icon.
7. Next, type Downloader in the search bar.
8. Select the Downloader app from the search results.
9. Click on Get or Download to install the Downloader app.
10. Once the app is downloaded, click on Open to launch the app.
11. You will get the Downloader app’s home page.
12. In that, enter the URL blokada.org and click on Go.
13. Now, you will be redirected to the browser section where the Blokada website will load up.
14. In that, click on the Menu icon from the top right corner of the screen.
15. Next, click Download from the menu.
16. Then, you will get different versions of the Blokada app. Select any one of them.
17. Wait till your file gets downloaded.
18. Once downloaded, click on INSTALL.
19. Now, the Blokada app will start installing on Firestick.
20. Click on Done.
21. Then, select the Delete button.
22. Once again, click on the Delete button to delete the downloaded APK.
How to Block Ads on Firestick with Blokada
1. Launch the Blokada app on your Firestick.
2. Click on the Power button to activate the ad blocker on Firestick.
3. Now, click on OK to allow the connection.
4. Blokada app is turned on.
5. If an ad is blocked, you will get an interface like the image given below.
If you want to block the ads for a particular site using Blokada, then follow the guidelines given below.
1. Launch the Blokada app and click on the highlighted icon on the screen.
2. Now, select Ad blocking on the screen.
3. Then, select Host Log to review all the blocked and allowed requests of Blokada.
4. Now, you will get the list of all blocked contents on the screen.
5. Then, click on Allowed Hosts to allow the request and Blocked Hosts to block the specific website.
Related: How to Clear Cache on Firestick.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does Blokada work on Firestick?
Blokada is an open-source Firestick adblocker. It works well with Firestick devices.
2. How do I block Hulu ads on Firestick?
With the Blokada, you can block ads from the Hulu app.