If you want an alternative to Amazon Music on Firestick, you shall try Apple Music. It is one of the best music streaming service providers with 75 million songs, podcasts, and DJ mixes. It features exclusive playlists and the basic subscription costs $9.99/month. If you want, you can get a family subscription for 5 simultaneous streams at $14.99/month. The Spotify app is compatible with all Apple devices. But what if you have Amazon Firestick. There are two ways to stream Apple Music on your Firestick.
Apple Music can be streamed on your streaming device either by linking Apple Music with Alexa or by setting up Alexa with the Firestick. Or you can convert the Apple Music to a format that is compatible with Firestick and then upload it to Plex Media Server or Amazon Music to stream. The first suggested method is so easy, but then the latter will have lots of work to do. Both ways are discussed in this tutorial.
How to Listen to Apple Music on Firestick
- Set Up Apple Music With Alexa
- Using Alexa Mobile App
- Using Alexa Skillshare Website
- Connect Alexa with Firestick
Set Up Apple Music with Alexa Mobile App
(1) Make sure to subscribe to Apple Music.
(2) Install and launch Apple Music on your smartphone.
(3) Likewise, install the Amazon Alexa app on your smartphone.
(4) Now, open the Amazon Alexa app and log in to the Amazon account that you used on your Firestick.
(5) Tap the Menu icon and choose Settings.
(6) On the Settings screen, choose Music and then select Link New Service.
(7) You can find all the available Music services, tap Apple Music.
(8) Then, tap on Enable to Use button. Now, you need to sign in with your Apple ID and password.
(9) Once done, tap the Allow button.
(10) Tap Done on the next screen that tells Apple Music successfully linked.
(11) Now, go to Settings > Music Settings. Then choose Apple Music as the default music library and default station.
Setup Apple Music with Alexa Skills Webpage
(1) Launch the browser and navigate to Alexa Skills website. Make sure you have signed into your account.
(2) Select the Enable button under the Get this Skill section.
(3) With this, your browser will open in a new tab. Select Link Account to link your Apple ID account.
(4) Input the Apple ID login details to link Alexa and Apple Music.
(5) When the two-factor authentication is enabled, you shall proceed to enter the authentication code.
(6) Click on the Allow button to link Alexa and Apple Music.
(7) When the setup process is done, you will receive an email from Amazon.
Connect Alexa with Firestick
(1) Launch the Alexa app on your smartphone.
(2) Then, go to Settings and then choose TV and Video Option.
(3) On the next screen, click on the Fire TV or Firestick.
(4) Then, click on the Link your Alexa device option.
(5) Now, your smartphone will scan for available Fire TV devices.
(6) Select your Firestick device by tapping on its name and clicking Continue.
(7) If you have more than one Alexa, select the particular Alexa device.
(8) Then, tap on the Link Devices option.
Alternative Way: How to Get Apple Music on Firestick without Alexa
(1) Install and launch the Sidify Music converter app on your computer.
(2) The UI will resemble Apple Music.
(3) Now, click on the Add button.
(4) You can find your entire iTunes library. Select the songs that you want to convert.
(5) Then choose desired output format.
(6) Now, you can upload it to Amazon Music or the Plex Media Server on Firestick.
(7) Then, open the app and stream music on your Firestick.
How to Play Apple Music on Firestick
(1) With Fire TV turned on, press and hold the Microphone button on the Firestick remote.
- Optionally, use the Fire TV app on your phone. Slide down towards the bottom to use a microphone.
(2) Command Alexa as “Alexa, play hip-hop music from Apple Music.”
(3) It will start playing. You can use the commands like Play, Pause, Previous song, Next song, Stop Music, etc.
Why is Apple Music on Firestick Not Working
As there is no Apple TV app for Fire TV available, Apple Music will not work on Firestick 4K. So, you shall need to use the Alexa voice command to use access the service on your Fire TV. So, any Fire TV user can only come across this issue with the official launch of Apple Music on the Amazon App Store for the Fire TV Stick.
These are the two ways in which you can listen to the Apple Music app on Fire TV Stick. So, it is clear that you cannot directly stream Apple Music on Fire TV. You shall follow the steps as provided here until the Apple Music app becomes compatible with the device.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, iTunes is like your File Manager app that helps you to organize and manage music on your iOS devices. Whereas Apple Music is a music streaming service that streams millions of songs online.
No. There is no Apple Music app available on the Amazon App Store for the Fire TV Stick.
Yes, you can play Apple Music through Alexa.