Apple TV is a standalone streaming platform owned by Apple. Unlike other Apple products, you can install the Apple TV app on most of the smart devices. With the Apple TV app, you will get all the latest movies and TV shows in addition to the Apple Originals. It costs $4.99 per month with a seven-day free trial. You can install the Apple TV app on your Roku device as the app is available on the Roku Channel Store.
Apple TV on Roku: Limitations
Though the app is available on the Roku Channel Store, you can’t install the app. It is available only on selected Roku models. Check out the table below to know the Roku devices that support the app.
|Roku 2||4205X, 4210X|
|Roku 3||4200X, 4230X|
|Roku Ultra||4640X, 4660X, 4661X, 467X|
|Roku Ultra LT||4662X|
|Roku Premiere||3920X, 4620X|
|Roku Premiere+||3921X, 4630X|
|Roku Streaming Stick||3600X, 3800X|
|Roku Streaming Stick+||3810X, 3811X|
|Roku Express||3900X, 3930X|
|Roku Express+||3910X, 3931X|
|Roku TV||7000X, C000X, 8000X, A000X, 6000X|
How to Check the Model Number on Roku
If you don’t know the model number on your Roku, use the below steps to find it.
(1) Go to the Settings option on the Roku home screen.
(2) On the next screen, select the System option.
(3) Now, select the About option.
(4) In the System info screen, you will get the Model number.
(5) In our case, the model number supports the Apple TV app. If your model number is not found on the table below, you can’t install the app.
How to Install Apple TV on Roku
(1) Go back to the Home screen and choose the Search option.
(2) Navigate to the on-screen keyboard and type Apple TV. You will get suggestions on the right side of the screen. Choose Apple TV.
(3) Select the Apple TV app from the search results.
(4) Now, on the right side, click the Add Channel button to install the Apple TV app.
(5) When the channel is added, you will get the confirmation screen. Click OK.
(6) Open the Apple TV app from the list of apps and watch your favorite movies & TV shows.
Related: How to Stream Apple TV on Firestick
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can you watch Apple TV on Roku?
Yes, you can watch all the Apple TV contents on your Roku streaming device and Roku TV.
2. Which Roku has the Apple TV app?
As of now, only a selected Roku model will support the app. Use the table mentioned in the article for more information.
3. Why can’t I get Apple TV on my Roku?
If your Roku model doesn’t support the app, you can’t install the app. Check out the table to get the supported models.
Install the Apple TV app on your Roku device and start watching all the latest movies. Before getting into the installation, make sure that your Roku model supports the app. If you have any doubts, tell us in the comments below.