Audible allows you to listen to thousands of audiobooks, podcasts, exclusive originals, etc. It provides audiobooks in different categories such as fiction, sci-fi, fantasy, thrillers, mysteries, and more. In addition to that, you can also listen to biographies, self-development, and children’s audiobooks. It is a paid subscription service that provides two types of subscriptions, Audible Plus and Audible Premium Plus. Subscribed users get a full listening experience with complete access to unlimited audiobooks from international authors and new releases. With the 30 days free trial, it also provides credit, using which you can buy a book for free. In this article, let us see the workarounds to get Audible on Roku.
Ways to Play Audible on Roku
Audible has an official app on platforms like iPhone and Android. However, the Audible app is not officially accessible from Roku as it is yet to be launched. However, there are two easy ways to get the app and listen to audiobooks on Roku.
- Screen Mirroring Android phone.
- Screen Mirror using a computer.
How to Stream Audible on Roku using Android Phones
1) Make sure to connect the Android phones and Roku devices to the same Wi-Fi network.
2) From your Roku home page, go to the Settings option and select Screen Mirroring from the list.
3) Select Always Allow under the Screen mirroring mode.
4) On your Android phone, install the Audible app from Google Play Store.
5) Now, navigate to the Control Panel and select the Smart View option. The term cast may vary in Android devices from one phone to another.
6) From the list of devices nearby, select your Roku device to start casting Audible.
7) Launch the Audible app and select any audiobook that you wish to play and play it. Thus the mobile screen will mirror Roku.
How to Play Audible on Roku using a Computer
The method is possible only on a Roku device with a USB port in it. However, for models of Roku device that doesn’t have a USB port, you can upload the Audible files through Plex. Since the Audible Audiobooks format is not accessed on many platforms, converting the Audiobooks format to a common file format is mandatory. It is possible with the help of the Audible Converter app. First, download the Audible files and save them on your computer. Further, follow the steps to make it simple.
1) Install the Audible converter on your Personal Computer.
2) To add the Audible files from Computer to Audible Converter, click Add icon. You can also drag and drop the files.
3) Set the output parameter to which the Audible files must be converted. You can also split the files based on duration and then convert them.
4) Now, click the Convert option.
5) Once all the files are converted, transfer the files to a USB port from the Computer. Now you can connect the USB port to your Roku device and play the audiobook files on Roku.
Audible features thousands of original audiobooks, podcasts, and more. Listen to your favorite audiobooks, while heading to work or while cooking or doing household chores from your Roku device with high clarity audio.
Roku Express and Roku Streaming Stick are devices that don’t have a USB port.
Audible is owned by Amazon. However, you can get the app with Prime membership.
If you love to read books or listen to stories, then the Audible app will be the best choice for you and it is worth every penny.
No. There is no official Audible Roku Channel app available on the Channel Store.
Yes. Casting to TV is possible if you have the Audible Android or iOS app.
To cast Audible to Roku TV, you shall follow the steps given in the above section of this article.