- Using Roku Channel Store: Launch Roku Home > Click Streaming Channels > Select Search Channels> Search for the app > Click Add Channel > Click Ok to confirm.
- Using the Roku App: Launch the Roku app > Sign in with your Roku account > Tap Channels > Select the Search bar > Search for preferred channel > Click Add Channel.
- Using Web Browser: Go to Roku Channel Website > Sign in > Select the Search bar > Search for the app > Click Add Channel > Click Yes, Add Channel to install.
BBC iPlayer is a UK-based service that offers British-based movies, series, TV shows, news, documentaries, and more. The app offers most of the content for free. But the service is available in the UK. You can get the BBC iPlayer app on Amazon Firestick from the Amazon App Store. But still, since the app is only available in the UK, you have to use a VPN to download the app in other areas. So you have to go for apk download via the Downloader app. Or you can use the app as a Kodi ad.
BBC iPlayer on Amazon Firestick
There are many ways to get the BBC iPlayer app on Amazon Firestick.
- Download the app from the Amazon App Store
- Or get the app via the Downloader app
- using silk browser on Firestick
- Or add the service as Kodi Add on
How to Install BBC iPlayer on Firestick: Amazon App Store
As the app is officially available on the Amazon App Store, you can install the app on Firestick in a few minutes.
1). Press the home button on Amazon remote.
2). From the home screen, choose the Find title and click on the Search option.
3). Type BBC iPlayer on the provided text box.
4). Choose the app from the search result. Click the app to go to the app info page.
5). Click on Get or Download to download the BBC iPlayer app on your Firestick.
How to Sideload BBC iPlayer on Firestick: Using Downloader
To download the app from Downloader, you need to enable the Apps from Unknown Sources.
1). From the home screen, go to Settings > My Fire TV or My device > Developer options.
2). Click on Apps from Unknown Sources. And on the pop-up, click the Turn On option.
3). Then search for the Downloader app. Choose the app from the list of search results.
4). On the app info page, click on Download or Get.
5). Then open the Downloader app once it is installed.
6). On the Downloader app, type the BBC iPlayer download link on the search bar.
7). Then click Go. Then on the next pop-up, click Download.
8). Once the file is downloaded, click the Install button. Then click Install again.
9). The app will be installed, then click the Done button.
10). You can delete the APK as you don’t want it anymore.
How to Use BBC iPlayer on Amazon Firestick
1). Open the VPN app on your Amazon Firestick. And connect the server to the UK.
2). Now open the BBC iPlayer app on your Amazon Fire TV Stick.
3). Now, sign in with your login credentials.
4). An Activation code will appear.
5). Go to the BBC iPlayer website on your PC or smartphone.
6). Login with your credentials.
7). Enter the code and click Continue. And click Sign in to your TV.
8). On the next screen, click the Continue button.
9). Then, tap the OK, Got It button.
How to Watch BBC iPlayer on Firestick using Silk Browser
You can stream BBC iPlayer on Firestick without installing the app using the Silk browser app.
1) Install the Amazon Silk browser on Firestick.
2) Click Accept Terms in the prompt to agree to their terms and conditions.
3) You will now reach the bing.com page.
4) Enter the URL of BBC iPlayer as https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer and click Go.
5) Click Sign In from the BBC iPlayer home page.
6) Sign in with account details.
7) Select any content and start watching it on your Firestick.
How to Stream BBC iPlayer on Firestick: Using Kodi
Kodi is a digital media player offering various channels and Live TVs as an add-on. But then you have to sideload Kodi on Firestick via Downloader. Once after downloading the app, you can proceed with the following steps.
1). Launch the Kodi app on your Amazon Firestick.
2). Click on the Settings icon.
3). On the next screen, choose the Add-ons option.
4). On the next window, click on Install from Repository.
5). Now choose the Kodi Add-on repository.
6). Scroll down and click on Video add-ons.
7). Scroll and find iPlayer WWW. (To search Options > Filter).
8). Select Install on the next screen. Once the add-on is installed, you can see the message iPlayer WWW Add-ons installed on the screen.
9). Go back to the home screen. Go to Add-ons > Video Add-ons. Then, click on BBC iPlayer.
Frequently Asked Questions
BBC iPlayer is free, and you can stream all the videos in the app without any subscription.