Managing apps and deleting temporary files is one of the toughest things in smartphones and streaming devices. When we use our smartphone and streaming device, it will store temporary files like cache, cookies, browsing history, and it will occupy the free space. To delete those temporary files, you have to use data management apps like CCleaner. You can install the CCleaner app on your Firestick to delete all the temporary files.
If you use your Firestick for browsing and gaming experience, a lot of temporary data will be stored on the device. Manually deleting the temporary files will take time and can’t be done frequently. But, with the CCleaner app, you can delete all those files on Firestick with a single click. CCleaner app is available on the Amazon App Store, and the controls are tweaked to the streaming device UI. You can easily navigate within the app.
Procedure to Install CCleaner for Firestick
(1) Turn on your Firestick and go to the Search icon on the top left of the screen.
(2) Using the on-screen keyboard, type CCleaner, and search.
(3) Select the CCleaner from the apps displayed.
(4) Tap the Download or Get icon to download and install the CCleaner app.
(5) Tap the Open icon to launch the CCleaner app.
(6) Follow the on-screen procedures to clear the temporary files.
Alternate Way to Get CCleaner for Firestick
If you can’t find the CCleaner app on the app’s list, you can use this as an alternate way. First, install the Downloader app for Firestick using our guide. Then, turn on the feature, Apps from Unknown Sources (Settings –> My Fire TV –> Developer Options –> Apps from Unknown Sources –> Turn On)
(1) Open the Downloader app.
(2) Go to the Search bar and enter the CCleaner app’s download link.
(3) Download the CCleaner apk file. On the Installation screen, tap the Install button.
(4) After the installation, open the CCleaner app.
(5) Delete all the temporary files on your Firestick.
If the navigation between the CCleaner app’s icon is difficult for you, install the Mouse toggle for Firestick for easy navigation.
Install the CCleaner app on your Fire TV Stick and delete all the unwanted files like cache and cookies. If possible, use the Firestick only for streaming purposes. Don’t install apps that are not available on the Amazon App Store. While using streaming platforms like Netflix and Amazon Prime Video, stream the content rather than downloading it. Doing these things will minimize temporary files. Use CCleaner for Fire Stick to clean all the files at least once a week.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to clean up apps on Firestick?
By using the CCleaner for Firestick, you can delete and clean all the temporary files.
2. Should I clear cache on Fire Stick?
Yes, you have to clear the cache files frequently. These cache files will slow down your Firestick.
3. Why is my Firestick so slow?
It may be due to the temporary files. Install the CCleaner app and remove all the temporary files stored on your device.