There are only a handful number of options that exist to stream exclusive animation contents. Crunchyroll is one among the lists to stream the most popular anime shows. It brings you the newest shows from Japan after one hour of broadcast. Besides this, it has an extensive catalog of anime shows. It is a free app while its premium version is available at $7.99/mo after a 14-day free trial. While it is available for multiple platforms, this section will let you know how to access Crunchyroll on Roku TV.
Is Crunchyroll Roku Compatible?
Yes. Crunchyroll is designed to be a multiple platform app. It is available as a dedicated channel on Roku Channel Store. So you can get it to stream your favorite anime contents on Roku TV or Roku connected TV.
Procedure to Install Crunchyroll on Roku
The installation steps of Crunchyroll from Roku Channel Store is as follows.
(1) Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
(2) Highlight Streaming Channels using navigation keys.
(3) Select Search Channels on the following screen to find Crunchyroll.
(4) Use screen keys to enter the channel name as Crunchyroll.
(5) You shall choose Crunchyroll and press OK button on the remote.
(6) Highlight Add Channel option to start downloading on Roku TV.
(7) When the pop-up appears, press OK button and select Go to Channel to open Crunchyroll on Roku OS.
Try Other Ways!
In addition to Roku Channel Store, RokuOS supports adding Crunchyroll using two other methods. To know the download procedure, you shall read the below section.
Get Crunchyroll on Roku using Roku Mobile App
In addition to the method above, you shall get Crunchyroll using Roku Mobile App from Android or iOS.
Important! This section assumes you have Roku Mobile App installed already. Otherwise, get it from the respective App Stores.
(1) Firstly, you should pair your smartphone and Roku TV to your home WiFi connection.
(2) Launch Roku Mobile app on your (Android or iOS) smart phone.
(3) Tap on Channels tab on the navigation bar available at the bottom.
(4) Use the Search bar to type in as Crunchyroll and select it from the suggestions list.
(5) Click on Add Channel button to download the app.
(6) If in case you have setup Roku PIN, then enter it after the prompt.
Note: Roku will take up to 24 hours to add the requested channel on RokuOS.
Install Crunchyroll using Roku Website
The official Roku website when accessed from PC will let you install Crunchyroll on Roku TV. Learn the procedure from below.
(1) Go to https://channelstore.roku.com/browse and login to your account.
(2) Type as Crunchyroll on the Search bar and press Enter.
(3) When the search result appears, you shall tap on Crunchyroll.
(4) Click on Add Channel button to get it on the Roku TV.
Note: It may get added at any time between 24 hours of your requisition.
Procedure to Activate Crunchyroll on Roku
If you are about to use Crunchyroll for the first time on Roku, then you need activate it to take advantage of its features.
(1) Launch Crunchyroll channel. Make sure you are signed into your account.
(2) Go to Link Your Account section to make a note of the activation code on your Roku TV.
(3) Open the browser on your PC or phone and go to https://www.crunchyroll.com/activate to enter the code.
(4) Click on Link Device button and thus you can use Crunchyroll on RokuOS.
Related: How to Watch Crunchyroll on TV using Chromecast
Frequently Asked Questions
What does Crunchyroll premium membership offers?
- Roku users can stream latest videos instantly in high video quality. Above all, you shall stream contents without any ads.
How to access mature titles of Crunchyroll?
- You need to go to Video preferences page through the Crunchyroll website to select Show Mature Content.
Does Crunchyroll has limited features on Roku app?
- Yes. Every new feature will take some time to be made available on Roku Channel.
Crunchyroll is definitely the best platform to stream popular anime, simulcasts, and more. Roku users can get it to watch the world’s largest anime collections. We hope you have found enough information about Crunchyroll.