Are you the person who prefers to watch classic old movies and TV shows? Then Decades TV will be the great destination to watch shows from the 1950s to the 1990s. It was established in the year 2014 by Weigel Broadcasting. Along with sitcoms and TV dramas, Decades TV also brings historical news and documentaries. This American cable channel isn’t available as a standalone channel, but you can stream it as a sub-channel. In addition, Decades TV allows you to watch scheduled programming and on-demand videos. You can watch Decades TV on Roku with the satellite TV subscription. Cox and Spectrum are the TV Providers that offer Decades TV. There is an official Spectrum TV app in the Channel Store, and you can add it to stream Decades TV on Roku.
How to Stream Decades TV on Roku
You can add Spectrum TV from the Roku Channel Store for free. Here are the steps to download Spectrum TV on Roku.
Quick Start Guide: On Roku TV, select Streaming Channels >> Search Channels >> enter Spectrum TV >> select the app >> Add Channel.
1) On the Roku home page, select Streaming Channels.
2) It will proceed to the Roku Channel Store page. Now select Search Channels and enter the app name Spectrum TV in the search bar using the keyboard.
3) From the app suggestions, select Spectrum TV and click Add Channel, to begin the installation.
4) Thus, the channel adds to Roku. Select Go to Channels to launch the app.
- Note: You need to subscribe to it to access the content, and the basic package starts from $29.99/month.
5) After subscription, you can search for the Decades TV channel on Spectrum TV.
6) Now, choose or browse for any Decades titles to stream on the Roku screen.
Related: How to Stream Spectrum TV on Chromecast
Mirror Spectrum TV to Roku using an Android Smartphone
Since the Spectrum TV app is compatible with Android mobile phones, you can mirror Spectrum TV using your Android phone, to stream the Decades TV content on Roku.
1) Connect Roku device and Android phone to the same Wi-Fi network.
2) To enable screen mirroring on Roku, go to Settings and select Screen Mirroring.
3) Now, opt for Always Allow.
4) On your Android Phone, launch Google Play Store and search for the Spectrum TV app.
5) Select the app when you get the list of suggestions and click Install to get it.
6) Launch the Spectrum TV app and sign in with your account credentials.
7) Next, go to the Control Center and select the Smart View option. The term may vary according to the models.
8) Select the Roku device to which you want to mirror your phone device.
8) Thus, the phone screen will start mirroring the Roku TV. Now, open Spectrum TV and select the Decades channel content in it.
9) You can enjoy watching Decades TV content on the Roku screen.
FYI: You can also add Hulu+ Live TV, Direct TV to Roku to watch Decades TV. Fios TV also has Decades TV content. But on the contrary, the Fios TV app is not available on Roku. However, you can mirror it from Android and iOS on Roku.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can stream Decades TV for free, with a 30 day free trial on the Hulu Roku app with Hulu + Live TV subscription.
Decades TV offers shows from the 1950s to the 1990s. You can watch the most popular shows like The Abbott and Costello Show, The Best of the Ed Sullivan Show, Dark Shadows, The Best of Hollywood, Where are you?, Car54, and so on.
Yes, you can watch Decades TV network on YouTube TV. However, you need to subscribe to YouTube TV at $64.99/month to stream the Decade’s TV content.