If you ever want to cut the cord and watch Discovery Channel on Firestick, the article will be useful to you. Discovery by Warner Bros. is the most popular informative channel based in America, with a large user base from all around the world. It has documentary-based shows and episodes related to nature, animals, science, technology, and pseudoscience. Although it is a cable TV service, the Discovery Go channel has been made available for smart TV and phone users through OTT services. By logging in using the TV provider subscription on your Firestick, you can catch up with the Discovery shows, stream live TV, series, etc. Besides this, now anyone can stream 4000+ episodes and full seasons using the Discovery Go app. With Discovery Channel on Firestick, you will get access to additional networks like Discovery+, CNN, TBS, Food Network, TNT, CNN, HBO, HGTV, etc.
How to Install Discovery Channel on Firestick
To stream the Discovery channel, Firestick users need to get the Discovery Go app. The following section will let you download it on Firestick.
(1) Navigate on the Firestick home screen to select the Find tab and then the Search tile.
(2) On the search field, type as Discovery by navigating on the screen keys with the help of remote control.
(3) When you see search suggestions, select the Discovery Go tile under Apps & Games.
(4) Select Get to start downloading Discovery Channel on your Firestick.
(5) When the Get button changes to Open, choose it to launch the channel.
- Go to Your Apps & Channels to select and launch Discovery Channel at a later point.
How to Activate Discovery Go on Firestick?
At the end of the installation, Fire TV users need to activate the device to further stream its contents.
(1) Launch Discovery Go app on your Firestick from the home screen or under Your Apps & Channels.
(2) You will find the capitalized activation code on the Amazon Fire Stick screen.
(3) Use your phone or PC browser and activate Firestick by visiting https://go.discovery.com/activate.
(4) Provide the code as shown on Firestick and click on Activate button.
(4) Select the cable TV provider from the list to follow the screen instructions to finish the activation process.
Alternative Way: How to Get Discovery GO on Firestick Via Downloader
When the above method isn’t working, then you shall get Discovery GO Channel on Firestick as an apk.
- Install Downloader
- Enable Unknown Apps
- Sideload Discovery Channel on Firestick using Downloader
Install Downloader on Firestick
If you have jailbroken your Firestick already using Downloader, you may skip this section.
(1) Click on the Find tab to select the Search tile.
(2) Using the on-screen keys, you should type as Downloader and select it from suggestions.
(3) Select the Downloader app tile when the search results appear.
(4) Click on the Get button to download the app on Fire TV Stick.
Enable Unknown Apps
You cannot sideload an app on Firestick directly as the default device settings will restrict installing third-party apps. So, it should be enabled to use an apk on Firestick.
(1) From the Fire TV home, navigate to click on the Settings icon.
(2) Choose the My Fire TV tile.
(3) Select the Developer options.
(4) Click on the Install Unknown Apps.
(5) Highlight Downloader. Enable the option.
Sideload Discovery Go on Firestick using Downloader
(1) Press and hold the home key on the Fire TV remote to select Apps.
(2) Select Manage Installed Apps and choose Downloader to open it.
(3) With the Home tab selected on Downloader, click on the URL field.
(4) Now, type in the Discovery GO apk URL in the field and press GO.
(5) Wait for the installation process of Discovery GO to complete.
(6) Select Install followed by the Open button to launch the app.
(7) Enter your TV provider login details and enjoy streaming Discovery Channel on Firestick.
Discovery GO App Not Working on Firestick: Fixes
Whether you are aware of the cause for Discovery GO not working on Firestick or not, the below fixes are worth trying to get resolved.
- Firstly, check your WIFI or internet connection.
- Disconnect other devices connected to the same network to fix the throttling issue.
- Force close the app and relaunch it again.
- Restart Firestick to fix any temporary glitch.
- Find if there is any new update for the app and get it installed.
- It is recommended to update Firestick firmware.
- Use the best VPN on Firestick to unblock the geo-restriction.
With this guide, you can install and stream that Discovery shows on your Firestick at any time. There are thousands of episodes, and it is the best option to binge-watch Discovery series and specials.
Frequently Asked Questions
Streaming the Discovery Channel app on Firestick cannot be done as it is a cable TV service. So, the user needs to rely on a TV provider subscription.
No. Amazon App Store doesn’t feature Discovery Channel.
You can watch Discovery Channel for free with a TV provider subscription.
You shall use Discovery GO or Discovery + on Firestick to stream the Discovery Channel for Firestick.
Firestick users can stream the Discovery channel with the streaming channels. To name some include Sling TV, fubo TV, Hulu with Live TV, AT&T TV Now, Philo, YouTube TV, etc.
Yes. It has closed captioning support, and thus you can stream content with captions. When not required, you can close it.
Yes. It is available for different devices like Android, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, and more.
The most famous shows include Gold Rush, Naked and Afraid, Deadliest Catch, Street Outlaws, etc.