Dish Anywhere is an American-based streaming platform owned by Dish Network Corporation. In the app, you will get access to movies, series, on-demand contents, live, and sports news. Besides streaming, Dish Anywhere supports downloading purchased shows, movies, and more for offline access. Further, you can stream on-demand movies and shows from popular channels like Starz, Showtime, Epix, etc. The app is available in most countries and its subscription plan starts at $20 per month. If you have any of the Amazon Fire TV devices, you can install the Dish Anywhere app on your Firestick, as the app is available on the Amazon App Store.
Before getting into the steps, make sure that your Firestick is in the latest version and has a constant internet connection.
How to Install Dish Anywhere on Firestick
(1) On the Firestick home screen, click the Find tab to select the Search tile.
(2) Using the on-screen keyboard, type Dish Anywhere and search for it.
(3) Choose the Dish Anywhere app on the next screen.
(4) Now, click the Get icon to install the Dish Anywhere app on your Firestick.
(5) Wait for the download to complete. This will take time, based on your internet connectivity.
(6) When the app is downloaded and installed, click the Open icon.
How to Activate Dish Anywhere on Firestick
(1) When opening the app, it will display you the End User Agreement. Click the I Accept button.
(2) It will display the activation code on your Firestick.
(3) Then, take your smartphone or PC and go to dishanywhere.com/activate. Enter the activation code and click Activate Device.
(4) Now, the app will get activated and you can stream all the Dish Anywhere contents on your Fire TV.
Alternative Method: How to Download Dish Anywhere on Firestick using Downloader
If you cannot download Dish Anywhere on Fire TV from the Amazon App Store, you shall sideload the app on Firestick using Downloader. Make sure to carry out the steps given below after the installation of Downloader on Firestick.
(1) On the Fire TV home, select the Settings or Gear icon from the menu bar.
(2) Navigate to select the My Fire TV tile.
(3) Select the Developer Options to proceed.
(4) Click on the Install Unknown Apps.
(5) Highlight the Downloader and select turn On.
(6) Now, go to the Apps section of the Firestick to launch the Downloader app.
(7) Click on the Accept button if you get any prompt.
(8) Select the Home tab and on the https:// field, type the Dish Anywhere apk download link.
(9) Click on the Go button and let the Downloader connect to the server of the Dish Anywhere.
(10) On the pop-up, select Next and then click on the Install button.
(11) When the installation is over, select Open to launch the app on Firestick.
(12) Proceed with the activation process and start streaming the desired video on your TV.
Dish Anywhere Not Working on Firestick
If your Dish Anywhere on Firestick is not working, you should fix up the issue to continue using the service.
- Check if there is any issue with the WIFI or internet and fix up it up.
- Disconnect other devices that are using the WIFI as Firestick.
- Ensure if you have entered the right Dish Anywhere login details.
- Close and relaunch the Dish Anywhere app on your device.
- Check for the latest update of the app and install it.
- Restart Firestick to resolve any temporary glitches.
- You shall uninstall the app on Firestick and install it back.
- Go ahead to update your Firestick with the latest version.
- Contact the customer support team to get the issue sorted out.
- You can even reset Firestick to factory settings to resolve the issue.
These were the two ways in which you can install the Dish Anywhere app on your Fire TV Devices. Upon activating the Dish Anywhere app, you will get access to all the on-demand videos & news. Besides Fire TV, you can also stream Dish Anywhere on Roku.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can access Dish Anywhere app on Firestick and Fire TV devices. You can install it directly from the Amazon App Store. If the app is not available then it might be geo-restricted.
Use the link mentioned in the article to activate the Dish Anywhere on your device.