If you are a sports fan, then the ESPN app is one of the must-have apps on your Roku. ESPN is the best sports app with all the sports events around the world for free. In addition to that, you can also get ESPN+ for a subscription price of $5.99 per month. As the app is available on the Roku Channel Store, you can install the app on your Roku easily.
The best thing about the ESPN app is that you can get a subscription or use your TV provider credentials to access the premium content. If your TV provider has an ESPN channel, you can watch all the sports contents on your Roku without additional cost. Follow the below steps to install and activate the app on your Roku.
How to Install ESPN on Roku?
(1) Turn on your Roku and press the Home button to get the Roku home screen.
(2) Scroll down to Streaming Channels options and click on it.
(3) You will get the Roku Channel Store. Select the Search Channels option.
(4) Now, the on-screen keyboard will appear. Type ESPN and search for it.
(5) Choose the ESPN app from the list of apps displayed.
(6) On the next screen, click the Add channel button.
(7) The app will be downloaded and installed automatically. Press the Go to channel button to open the app.
How to Activate ESPN on Roku using TV Provider
(1) Open the ESPN app on your Roku.
(2) Click the Gear icon (Settings icon) on the top of the screen.
(3) Go to Provider Account –> Watch Live TV —> Activate Live TV.
(4) You will get the activation code.
(5) On your smartphone or PC, go to the ESPN TV Provider activation website.
(6) Enter the activation code on the specified area and click the Continue button.
(7) On the next screen, choose your TV provider and for verification, you need to sign with your TV provider credentials. Enter your TV provider credentials.
(8) After the successful sign in, you will get the ESPN sports content on your Roku.
How to Activate ESPN on Roku via Subscription?
(1) Open the ESPN app on your Roku device.
(2) Click the ESPN account and tap on the Login button.
(3) The activation code will be displayed.
(4) Now, go to the ESPN Subscription activation website.
(5) Enter the activation code on the box and click the Continue button.
(6) For verification, you need to sign in with your subscribed ESPN account.
(7) After the sign in, you can access the ESPN premium content on your Roku device.
Install the ESPN app on your Roku device and activate the app based on TV provider or subscription. Activate the best sports steaming app to your Roku device and get access to all the sports events from your home. If you have any doubts about the steps, tell us in the comments below.
Related: Amazon Prime on Roku
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is ESPN free on Roku?
Yes, you can install the app for free. But to access the premium content, you need to buy a subscription.
2. How do I activate ESPN on Roku?
You can either use the ESPN TV Provider activation link or ESPN Subscription activation link mentioned in this article.
3. Can I watch ESPN without a TV provider?
Without the TV provider, you need to buy the subscription worth of $5.99 per month.