Freeview is the streaming service that allows you to get access to over 30000 hours of content on demand. With the Freeview app, you can browse and watch content from BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All4, My5, UKTV Play, and STV Player. The Freeview app is completely free to use without any subscription fees. It is accessible on Android, iOS devices, and web browsers. However, Freeview doesn’t provide a standalone app for Roku.
Freeview is currently available only in the United Kingdom. You can stream its content with a minimum internet speed of 2 Mbps. Users can stream shows from almost all genres, including travel, crime drama, comedy, animation, sci-fi, fantasy, food, history, and more.
How to Stream Freeview on Roku
1) First, go to Settings from the home page on your Roku device.
2) Select the Screen Mirroring option on the Settings page.
3) Click on the Always Allow option under the Screen Mirroring Mode to enable screen mirroring on your Roku device.
4) Now, connect Roku and your smartphone to the same WiFi network.
5) Go to Google Play Store on your phone and download the Freeview app. To install Freeview on the Android app, you need Android devices with version 4.4 or above.
3) Launch the Freeview app on your Android phone and sign in with the account details.
4) Next, navigate to the Notification Center and select the Cast icon. The cast option may vary from one device to another.
5) Select your Roku device from the list to connect.
6) Finally, select your favorite show on Freeview to stream the content on the Roku screen.
Related: How to Watch FETV on Roku TV.
How to Stream Freeview on Roku from a PC
1) On your PC browser, navigate to the official Freeview site.
2) Now, from the Notifications icon, select the Project tab from the list of icons. You can also get the Project tab by pressing Windows + P.
3) Find the Connect to a wireless display at the bottom of the project tab and select it.
4) Next, select your Roku device from the list of options.
5) Once connected, the PC display will appear on the Roku TV screen.
6) Next, search for your favorite video title from the Freeview website and stream it on your TV screen.
You can get 70+ live TV channels in Freeview without any subscription.
The Freeview app is available only in the UK. People residing outside of the UK can use the VPN to stream Freeview.