Google Drive is a cloud storage where you can store the media files such as videos, audio, documents, and more. It is used by millions of people around the world and it is known for its unique features. The media files saved on your Google Drive are safe, secure, and private and it is not used for any ad personalization. You need a Gmail account to access your Google Drive and after saving the files on your Google Drive, you can access the files on any device. Google Drive doesn’t have a dedicated app for Firestick. You can’t install the Google Drive app on your Amazon Kindle or Fire T devices. You need to install Google Drive on Firestick using the Kodi app.
How to Install Google Drive on Firestick Using Kodi
The Kodi app is not available on the Amazon App Store. so you need to sideload the Kodi app on Firestick using the Downloader app.
Install Downloader on Firestick
1. Launch the Firestick home screen.
2. Click the Find tab and select the Search tile.
3. Type Downloader on the search bar using the virtual keyboard.
4. Select the app from the search results and tap the Download button to install the app.
5. After installing the Downloader app on Fire TV, click the Open button to launch the app on your Firestick.
1. Click the Settings icon on your Firestick home screen.
2. Select My Fire TV from the settings menu.
3. Choose Developer options.
4. Tap the Install unknown apps option.
5. Turn on Downloader to sideload the third-party apps on Firestick.
Sideload Kodi Using Downloader on Firestick
1. Go to the Apps section and launch the Downloader app on your Firestick home screen.
2. A prompt message will appear on the screen while you open the app.
3. Click the Allow button to allow the Downloader app to access the files stored on your Firestick.
4. Next, tap the Home tab on the left pane.
5. Type the download link of Kodi in the URL field.
6. Click the Go button to download the apk file of Kodi.
7. Once the file is downloaded, open the file and tap the Install button.
8. After installing the Kodi app, click the Open button.
How to Install Google Drive Kodi Addon
1. Go to the Apps section and open the Kodi app.
2. Tap the Settings icon on the Kodi home screen.
3. Select the Add-ons tile under the settings screen.
4. Click the Install from repository option.
5. Hit the Video add-ons from the list.
6. Search for the Google Drive addon and open it.
7. Tap the Install button at the bottom of the screen.
8. Wait till the addon is installed on your Firestick.
9. After the installation process is over, hit the Open button to launch the Google Drive Kodi Addon.
10. Now, sign in with your Google account and access the Google Drive contents on your Firestick.
How to Use Google Drive on Firestick
1. Go to the Apps section and launch the Google Drive app on the Firestick home screen.
2. Open Google Drive and sign in with your account details.
3. Click Add-ons in the menu and select Google Drive Addon.
4. Next, Add an account.
5. Now, a QR code and a link with an activation code will appear on the screen. Write down the code.
6. Scan the QR code using your smartphone or open the link on a web browser.
7. Enter the activation code in the given field and tap the Next button.
8. You will be taken to a new web page where you need to log in with your Gmail account.
9. Now, open the Kodi app on your Firestick and navigate to the Google Drive add-on.
10. Open your Google account folder.
11. Hit the My Drive folder on the next screen.
12. All the media files on your Google drive are stored here.
13. Choose the file and tap the Play button to stream it on Firestick.
How to Sideload Google Drive on Firestick
1. Open the Downloader app from the Firestick home screen.
2. Tap the Allow button when the prompt message appears on the screen while you open the app.
3. Open the Home tab on the left pane.
4. Enter the download link of Google Drive in the URL field and click the Go button to install the apk file.
5. After downloading the apk file, open it and hit the Install button to install the Google Drive app on Fire TV.
6. Tap the Open button to launch the app on Firestick.
7. Play any video from the Google Drive app and watch it on your Firestick.
You can follow any of the above methods to install and stream Google Drive on your Amazon Fire TV Stick. As an alternative, you can also try out the Dropbox and iCloud services to store and access your media files.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, the Google Drive app is not available on the Amazon App Store
Yes, you can get Google Drive on Firestick using the Kodi and Downloader apps.