Google Duo is a high-quality video and audio calling app developed by Google and made available for both Android and iOS platforms. The app is focused mainly on one-to-one conversations and small groups consisting of no more than 12 participants. This app offers standard encryption to maintain your privacy in video calls. Let’s see how to get Google Duo on your Firestick device. Google Duo is not available in the Amazon App Store for Fire TV.
Though Fire TV is a modified version of the Android platform, the device doesn’t have the dedicated Google Play Store. Therefore, if you want to install the app on your Fire TV, the best option is to sideload the apk file. You can also use the screen mirroring option to cast the screen to your Fire TV from an Android device.
How to Install Google Duo on Firestick [Sideload]
1. Click on the Settings icon.
2. Select My Fire TV or Devices from the Settings menu.
3. Next, click on the Developer options.
4. Turn on the Apps from Unknown Sources option.
5. Next, turn on ABD debugging. For new Fire OS, go to My Fire TV –> Developer Options –> Install Unknown Apps –> Downloader –> Turn on.
6. Now, open the Downloader app on Firestick.
7. Enter the URL for the Google Duo app search bar and click on the GO button.
8. Then, select the Install button.
9. Sign in to your Google Duo account and use it on your Firestick.
How to Screen Mirror Google Duo on Firestick
Enable Screen Mirroring on Firestick
1. Go to the Fire TV Stick home screen.
2. Next, hold down the Home button for a few seconds until the small window appears.
3. Select the Mirroring option.
4. The next window will display a message letting you know that Fire TV is open to screen sharing with nearby devices.
How to Screen Mirror Google Duo to Firestick from Android Smartphone
1. Make sure that both Firestick and Android devices are connected to the same WiFi network.
2. Open the Google Duo app on your Android smartphone. If you don’t have the app, install Google Duo from the Play Store.
3. Log in to the Google Duo account.
4. Open the Notification Panel on your Android smartphone and turn on the Cast or Screen Cast option.
5. Select the Firestick name from the search results.
6. Now, make a call on the Google Duo app from the smartphone. It will appear on your Firestick.
How to Screen Mirror Google Duo to Firestick from iPhone
1. Make that the Firestick and the iOS device are connected to the same WiFi network.
2. Launch the App Store and download the Replica app.
3. Open the Replica app and click on the Continue option in the prompt.
4. Choose the Firestick device to connect from the list of available devices.
5. Open the Google Duo app on your IOS device and the screen will be cast to the Firestick.
6. Start your meeting with the Google Duo app. It will appear on your Fire TV screen.
Frequently Asked Question
1. Can you download Google Duo on Firestick?
The Google Duo app is not officially available on the Amazon App Store. However, you can always sideload the app on Firestick using Downloader.
2. Does Google Duo support casting?
No, Google Duo doesn’t come with the cast support.