Hoopla is an American-based streaming service available only in U.S and Canada. To stream Hoopla outside the U.S, the users can use a VPN. It includes all popular content from the largest productions such as Disney, WarnerBros, Lionsgate, etc. Apart from movies and TV series, there are plenty of audiobooks, ebooks, comics, live TV, and more. The hoopla app is supported on Roku devices with 7.6.3 or higher versions. You can easily get the Hoopla app on Roku by navigating to Streaming Channels >> Search Channels >> Type Hoopla >> Tap Add to Channel. The installation process is super-easy to do. This blog includes the complete guide on installing Hoopla on Roku.
Hoopla is an all-in-one digital library that comprises more than 1,000,000 audiobooks and other content. The users can customize the text, color of the e-book page, etc. You can also bookmark and read the e-book at your convenient time. The closed captioning and the Kid Mode are the highlighting features of Hoopla.
How to Add Hoopla on Roku
1) The foremost thing to do is set up and connect the Roku device to WIFI. Ignore this step if you’re using a Roku TV.
2) Connect the Roku TV to a stable internet connection.
3) On the Roku Home screen, use the Roku remote to scroll down and select Streaming Channels.
4) On the new screen, locate the option Search Channels and click it.
5) Type Hoopla using the virtual keyboard on the search box and select the app from the search results.
- Note: You can also find the Hoopla app in the Movies & TV section displayed under the heading Genres.
6) Click the Add Channel button to install the app on Roku.
7) After installing the app, a small menu pops up on the screen. Tap Ok.
8) Hit the option Go to Channel to open the Hoopla app.
9) Follow the necessary steps to access the app on Roku.
10) That’s it. Start streaming your favorite Hoopla content on Roku-connected TV or Roku TV.
How to Activate and Watch Hoopla App on Roku
1) To activate Hoopla, you need to open the app on Roku.
2) A four-digit code is displayed on the Roku screen. Take a note of the code and read the instructions given alongside the code.
3) On your PC or Smartphone, open a browser and visit the Hoopla activation site (https://www.hoopladigital.com/link).
4) Enter the Mail ID and Password on the respective box.
5) Tap Sign In and type the activation code on the box exhibited at the center.
6) Click Submit to activate the Hoopla app on Roku TV.
Related: How to Chromecast Hoopla to TV [Possible Ways]
How to Get Hoopla on Roku using Screen Sharing
1) Press the Home button on your Roku remote and navigate to the Home screen.
2) Scroll down and click the option Settings.
3) Locate the option System and select it.
4) Tap Screen Mirroring and hit the option Screen Mirroring Mode.
5) On the Screen Mirroring settings, set the option to Prompt.
6) Then, power on your smartphone and open the Play Store app (Android) or App Store (iOS)
7) Click the Search panel and type Hoopla on the search panel using the virtual keyboard.
8) Click the app from the search results and tap the Install button (Android) or Get button (iOS) to download the app.
9) Open the Hoopla app after installation and sign in using the required credentials.
10) Tap the Cast icon (Android) or AirPlay icon (iOS) displayed at the top and select your Roku TV.
11) That’s it. You can see the Hoopla mobile app screen on Roku TV. Play your desired movie and enjoy watching it with your loved ones.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You can download the Hoopla Roku app from the Roku Channel Store.
Yes. If you want to stream Hoopla on your TV, you need to enter the activation code in the Hoopla activation site.
Yes. Hoopla app is available on both App Store and Play Store.
Hoopla is free for those public library users who sign up. Otherwise, the users have to pay to borrow an item.
To resolve the issue, you can check for any software update on Roku and get it. Further, you shall update the Hoopla app, uninstall and reinstall the Hoopla app, reboot and reset Roku.