- Using Roku Channel Store: Launch Roku Home > Click Streaming Channels > Select Search Channels> Search for the app > Click Add Channel > Click Ok to confirm.
- Using the Roku App: Launch the Roku app > Sign in with your Roku account > Tap Channels > Select the Search bar > Search for preferred channel > Click Add Channel.
- Using Web Browser: Go to Roku Channel Website > Sign in > Select the Search bar > Search for the app > Click Add Channel > Click Yes, Add Channel to install.
Roku, with the Apple-like ecosystem, you will get everything you need from the device. You can install the app and add channels from the Roku Channel Store. The Roku OS is one of the toughest to break, and till now, you can’t install any unauthorized apps on your Roku device. Siting all the unauthorized limitations, Roku is one of the safest streaming devices. Unlike other devices, Roku offers three different ways to add channels.
Ways to Add Channels to Roku
- From Roku Channel Store
- From the Roku App
- Using Web Browser
How to Add Channels on Roku using Roku Channel Store
Like Fire TV Stick, Roku is integrated with the Roku Channel Store to install apps.
(1) Tap the Home button to get the Home screen.
(2) Click the Streaming Channels option.
(3) Now, you get the Roku Channel Store. The first option will be Featured channels. And different categories will appear.
(4) Choose the category you desire or click the Search Channels option to search for a specific channel.
(5) After choosing the channel, click the Add channel button.
(6) When the channel is added and installed, you will get the confirmation screen. Click OK on the pop-up.
How to Add Channels on Roku using the Roku App
(1) Open the Roku app on your Android or iOS smartphone.
(2) Follow the on-screen instruction to pair your smartphone with Roku.
(3) After the pairing, tap on the Channels button at the bottom of the screen.
(4) Like the Roku Channel Store, you will get different categories.
(5) Pick your preferred category or use the Search Bar on the top to search for a specific channel.
(6) Click the Add Channel button on the next screen.
(7) The channel will be installed on your Roku.
How to Add Channels on Roku using Web Browser
(1) On your PC, go to the Roku Channel Store website.
(2) Sign in with the same account that you are using on your Roku.
(3) You will get the list of the channels.
(4) Click the Add Channel button that you want to install.
(5) The channel will be added to your Roku.
The channels added using the app and web browser will update your Roku after 24 hours. For immediate updates, you need to update the Roku software.
These three ways you can add a channel to your Roku streaming devices. Out of three, we recommend you add channels with the first method, as it is easy. The other two methods involve the extra task of updating your Roku.
Frequently Asked Questions
To add private channels on Roku, go to the Roku channel website > Sign In > Go to My Account page > Select Add a Channel > Enter the channel access code > Click Add Channel > Click Yes, Add Channel to confirm.
No, you can install and add channels for free. You need to buy a subscription to access the contents inside the app.