Most of the media players support the process of jailbreaking. This process not only removes the restrictions provided by the manufacturer but also lets users take advantage of the device for their streaming needs. Jailbreaking is more common on the Amazon Fire Stick. As a result, users can install apps that aren’t available officially on the Amazon App Store. As far as Firestick is considered, jailbreaking doesn’t involve modifying the firmware or OS. Thus you shall jailbreak Firestick without losing your original firestick and get unrestrictedly entertained.
Is Firestick Jailbreak Legal?
The legality of jailbreaking Fire TV depends on the user and what sort of contents they stream on their device. There is no harm in jailbreaking Firestick unless you don’t watch copyrighted content. If you aren’t sure and not able to find legal and illegal content, then make use of a VPN. This will hide your identity and safeguard you even if you access such content.
How to Jailbreak Firestick?
Jailbreaking firestick isn’t rocket science nor something that involved coding or hacking. The term jailbreaking means installing a third-party app on the device and nothing more than that. Firestick users generally refer installing Kodi as the process of jailbreaking. This is because Kodi is an open-source media player and software that gives your room for unlimited streaming both legal and illegal. So let us see how to install Kodi and jailbreak firestick, Simply carry out the following steps to jailbreak Firestick.
Procedure to Setup Firestick to Jailbreak
Follow the below steps to tweak the Firestick settings to jailbreak the device.
(1) Turn on your Amazon Fire TV to select Settings option on its home screen.
(2) Navigate to the right to choose My Fire TV (Device or System) option.
(3) If you get the following screen, choose Developer Options.
(4) Click on ADB Debugging to enable it.
(5) Similarly, select Apps from Unknown Sources to turn it On.
(6) If your Firestick shows a pop-up with the risks involved, choose Turn On.
(7) On your remote, press the back button to get back to Settings option.
(8) Scroll to the right and choose Preferences option.
(9) Select Privacy Settings to open its preferences.
(10) Under Privacy settings, choose to turn Off the following options Device Usage Data and Collect App Usage Data.
(11) Press the back button one time to get to Preference window to select Data Monitoring.
(12) You shall choose to Turn Off Data monitoring option.
(13) Get back to Preferences option to select Featured Content.
(14) You need to turn off the options Allow Video Autoplay and Allow Audio Autoplay.
Install Apk Downloader on Firestick
Getting an apk downloader is the next thing you need to proceed to jailbreak Firestick. This section uses Downloader as the apk downloader tool on Firestick as it is available for free. With the Downloader, you can sideload third-party apps on Fire TV without any complications.
(1) On the Firestick home screen, navigate to select Magnifier or search icon from top-left.
(2) Using the screen keyboard, input app name as Downloader. Choose the same when you get suggestions below.
(3) In the following screen, select the Downloader listed under Apps & Games.
(4) On the app information page, select Get or Download button to install Downloader app.
(5) To proceed you shall need to wait for the installation to complete.
(6) When you see Open button, select it using the navigation button on the remote.
Jailbreak Firestick using Kodi
Once after installing Downloader on Firestick, you shall proceed with installing Kodi on it. Here is the procedure.
(1) On your Firestick press the Home button on the remote to select Apps.
(2) Click on Manage Installed Applications to scroll down and select Downloader.
(3) When you launch Downloader for the first time, a series of prompts will appear. You shall dismiss them.
(4) Navigate to click inside the field with https:// and then click OK on the Fire TV remote.
(5) On the following window, enter the URL of Kodi as http://bit.ly/321kC2c to get Kodi 18.8 or http://bit.ly/kodi-176 to get Kodi 17.6 and press GO.
(6) Kodi apk will begin downloading as soon as the Downloader connects with its server.
(7) After the download, select Install to proceed with the installation of Kodi on Firestick.
(8) Wait for the installation progress to end. It might be based on the internet speed.
(9) If you see App installed notification, select Done button.
(10) On Downloader screen, select Delete button to remove the apk file of Kodi.
(11) If you get a prompt to confirm the action, select Delete button again.
Fire TV users can get make use of ES File Explorer as well. However, it is a premium app, so make sure it fits in your budget.
Frequently Asked Questions
What can I use with jailbroken Firestick?
Upon jailbreaking, Firestick users can install third-party apps, addons, builds, and lots more.
Does jailbreaking costs something?
No. Jailbreaking Firestick is free and you don’t have to pay anything for the process.
Why is buying jailbroken Firestick not recommended?
It is all the way not recommended to purchase a Firestick that has been already jailbroken as it might hold malware and virus. Thus you should get a player only from the authorized dealer and jailbreak it.