PS5 (PlayStation 5) is a new gaming console released by Sony. It has amazing features like a DualSense Controller, Spatial Audio Technology, SSD technology, and more. On the console, you can access your existing library easily. Using PS5, you will enjoy high-speed gaming with a brilliant graphic interface. You can also record your gameplay in PS5 at any quality to stream it later.
You can record the most recent gameplay in two types, that is a short clip and a full video. The gameplay can be recorded in 1080p quality with 60FPS. Other than gameplay recording, you can take screenshots on PS5.
Steps to Record Gameplay on PS5
1. Set up your PS5 to play the game.
2. Now, from the DualSense Controller, press the Create button.
3. Next, select Capture Options in the menu and select Video Clip File type.
4. Select either the Most Efficient (WebM) or Most Compatible (MP4) format.
5. Next, click on Manual Recording Resolution and select the required resolution.
6. Next, turn on the Include your Mic’s Audio and Include Party Audio toggle to get the sound.
7. Go to the Center Menu and swipe left to record the gameplay.
8. Next, select Save Short Clip to record 15-30 seconds of past gameplay and click Save Full Video to save past 1-hour gameplay.
9. Now, go to the right menu and tap Start New Recording to record the current gameplay on PS5.
10. Then, click on Stop Recording to end the video recording and you can find the recorded gameplay in Media Gallery.
How to Take Screenshot on PS5
1. Press the Create button on the DualSense controller.
2. Now, you will get a menu with options like Begin Recording, Take Screenshots, and Start Broadcasting.
3. In that, select Take Screenshot.
4. Otherwise, just press and hold the Create button until the small icon appears in the top right corner. The icon means that the screenshot is taken.
How to Record a Video on PS5
1. Press the Create button on your PS5 DualSense controller.
2. Next, toggle to Start New Recording. Now you will get a black box with a timer that will appear at the top of your screen.
3. When you want to stop recording, press the Create button again and select Stop Recording.
4. Now, you have to wait until you get the confirmation of the recording in the top right corner.
Related: How to Reset PlayStation.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How long can I record the PS5 gameplay?
You can record PS5 gameplay for up to 60 minutes.
2. Does PS5 automatically save gameplay?
PS5 always saves the recent 60 minutes of gameplay in 1080p with 60 FPS by default.