Roku is an outstanding streaming device used by many people. It is available in different models like Roku Player, Roku Streaming Stick, Roku Express, Roku Ultra, Roku Streambar, and Roku Streambar Pro. All the models let you enjoy the media content in the best quality. Further, it supports AirPlay, so that you can share content from your Apple devices to Roku. When connecting your Roku to other devices, you have to select the name of your Roku device. So, you must be aware of your device name. If you are unable to remember the default name of your Roku device, you can rename it as you like.
Renaming the Roku device also will help you find out the device easily if you have more than one device at home. You can rename the Roku device with a unique name to identify it quickly among the multiple devices. Check out the article for more details on how to change the name on your Roku TV in more than one way.
How to Rename Roku Device Name
You can rename your Roku player in two ways.
- Using Roku Mobile App
- Using Roku Account
How to Rename Roku TV using Roku Mobile App
Roku Mobile App is available on Android and iOS. You can use the app to rename the Roku device. To proceed with this method, you must link your Roku device with the Roku app.
1. First, connect your smartphone and Roku device to the same WIFI network.
3. Click on Devices from the bottom of the app screen.
4. Under that, click on Set Name and Location option.
5. If prompted, provide your Roku account credentials.
6. Now, enter the new name for your Roku device.
7. Finally, select Save to save the changes.
8. If you want to rename some other Roku device, you can choose Switch Roku Device and choose the Roku device to change the name.
How to Change the Name of your Roku TV using Roku Account
To change the name of your Roku device using a Roku account, you must have an account. Once you sign up for a Roku account, you shall follow the procedure given below.
1. Open any web browser on your smartphone.
2. Go to https://my.roku.com.
3. Provide the Roku account credentials if asked.
4. Then, scroll down and select the My linked devices option.
5. Under that, you can find your Roku device name. If it shows only the serial number, find out the serial number of your Roku device by navigating to Settings >> System >> About and get the serial number.
6. Next, select the Rename link and provide the new name for your Roku device, and select Rename option.
7. Now, the name of the device will be changed.
These are the two different ways you can use to change the name of your Roku device. In case you have multiple Roku devices of the same model, you can rename them to find it easily when connecting to other devices. Besides this, Roku offers a number of customizations and thus the users can change the language on Roku and change the Roku screensaver.
Frequently Asked Questions
To rename the Roku device, launch the Roku app, navigate to Settings >> Edit Name, and enter the new name for the device.
You can use the Roku mobile app to change the name of your Roku Ultra.
Yes, you can install popular apps on Roku devices from Roku Channel Store.
You can install apps and games on Roku from Roku Channel Store.
The Roku secret menu allows you to take advantage while streaming. Further, the secret menu can do more than what you imagine.
To change the system info on Roku, you can reset the device.
To know the name of your Roku device, navigate to Settings >> System >> About.
If you factory reset your Roku device, all the information you have added will be deleted. The device will look like a new one.
You can rename the TCL Roku TV by following either of the methods discussed here in this article.