Google TV is a device found by Google Inc. With the device, you can connect it to an HDMI port on your TV and convert it into an Android. So, you can use their TV like an Android smartphone. Now, the users will have a lot of options on their hands to do more with their TV. All the app available on your Android smartphone will be available on your TV. Like smartphones, it is important to turn off your TV to resolve small issues. Let’s see how to switch off Chromecast with Google TV.
As the name goes, Chromecast with Google TV, Chromecast support integrated with the device. This means that you can cast any videos from your mobile to TV. Streaming services like Hulu, Sling TV, YouTube TV, and more are also supported. There are several methods to turn of your TV. So, let’s find out the ways to do so by getting into this section.
Ways to Turn Off Google TV
- Using the Remote
- Using Voice Assistant
- With Smart Home App
- Wire Connection
Using the Remote
Users can easily turn off their TV with the remote. This method is the easiest way to do so. Take the remote in your hand and press the Power Button. Your TV will be turned off instantly. To turn on your Google TV, again press the Power Button.
Using Voice Assistant
1. Press the Google Assistant button at the top of your remote.
2. The Google Assistant interface will turn up.
3. Then, say the phrase Hey Google Turn Off or Hey Google Power Off. Your TV will be turned off.
4. If you want to turn on your TV, press the Google Assistant button on your remote and say the phrase, Hey Google Turn On.
Using Smart Home App
Smart Home is a device that acts as an external speaker. Also, you can use the device to turn off your TV.
1. Set up your Smart Home device to your TV.
2. Go to Settings -> System -> Expert settings ->Anynet+(HDMI-CEC).
3. Make sure that you have turned Anynet+(HDMI-CEC) on.
4. Then, launch the Smart Home app and select your Smart Home device. Then, give access to voice search.
5. Now, you can use the phrase Hey Google Turn Off to turn off the device.
Unplug the Google device from the HDMI port. Then, remove the micro-USB cable from the device. This will cut down all the power supply to Google TV. It will make the TV switch off.
Of course, you can control you can turn it off with your remote.
2. Can Google Home change channels?
Yes, you can use Google Home to Change Channels.