Roku is equipped with tons of video content from various popular streaming services such as Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, Amazon Prime, and more. In addition, it also provides hundreds of video content for free. Sometimes the users get annoyed by the subtitles displayed while streaming videos. You can easily turn off the subtitles on Roku settings.
Apart from streaming devices, Roku OS is available in Smart TVs too. You can also see the in-built Roku OS in some of the popular TV brands such as TCL, Hisense, and Philips.
Ways to Turn Off Subtitles on Roku
There are two ways to turn off the subtitles on Roku. You can use the Caption mode option in Roku Settings to turn off it. In addition to this method, you can disable subtitles while streaming a movie or TV show.
How to Turn Off Subtitles from Roku Settings
1) Turn on your Roku TV and connect the TV to a proper internet connection. Check whether the network device is properly connected or not.
2) After checking the above parameters, press the Home button on your Roku remote and navigate to the Home page.
3) On your Roku remote, use the downward button in the D-pad to scroll down and select Settings.
4) Select the Accessibility option displayed on the side menu.
5) Look for the Captions Mode option and click it.
5) You can see a list of options on the right side – Off, On Always, and On Replay. Tap the option Off to disable subtitles.
How to Turn Off Subtitles while Streaming Video on Roku
1) Power on your Roku TV and play your desired media content.
2) Press the Asterisk button (Star button) on your Roku remote to pop up the Options menu.
3) A list of options will appear on the screen. Scroll down and tap the option Closed captioning.
4) Click the option Off to disable subtitles.
5) In addition, you can also click the option On Replay or On Mute. Enabling On Replay shows only the subtitles when the user presses the Replay button on the remote. On the other hand, enabling the On Mute option displays the subtitles when the user mutes the media by pressing the Mute button on the remote.
Note: With this method, you can turn off subtitles and cc (closed captions) for specific streaming apps like HBO Max, Disney+ service providers. There are some service providers where you can disable the Subtitles in the particular app’s settings.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can do it. There are two ways to turn off subtitles on Roku.
You can turn off both the closed captions and subtitles on your Roku from the Settings menu.