With the whole list of streaming services, Hulu is one of many which tops the list. It has got a rich portfolio of various on-demand content. Also, recently they rolled out live TV services. It features 60+ live TV channels along with a DVR recording service. With a normal subscription, we can get various movies, TV shows, etc. It is purely a subscription-based service. Hulu offers basic and premium services. Basic Hulu costs $5.99/month, and the ad-free premium version costs $11.99/month. And also Basic + Live TV costs $54.99/month, and ad-free premium version + Live TV costs $60.99/month. The app is available for various platforms. We can download and stream Hulu on Roku with the official app on Roku Channel Store.
Hulu on Roku
Before moving on to how to download and stream, let us know what Roku devices are compatible with the Roku.
|Latest Version Hulu App||Classic Hulu App|
Roku 3 and 4
Premiere and Premiere +
Roku 2 Model 4210X
Streaming Stick Model 3500X or later
Express and Express +
4K Roku TV
|Roku 1 (model 2720X)|
Roku 2 (model 2710X)
and Roku LT (model 2700X)
How to Install Hulu on Roku Streaming Device
1). Turn on your Roku and connected TV. Then connect it to the internet.
2). Select the home button on the Roku remote to get to the Roku home screen.
3). Select the Streaming Channels option and navigate to the Channel Store.
4). On the Roku Channel Store, choose the Search Channels option and hover to the Search field.
5). Type in Hulu and then choose the Hulu app from the search results.
6). On the app info tab, click on the Add Channel tab.
7). Sign in to your Hulu account and start streaming.
Alternate Way to Get Hulu on Roku
- Go to Roku Channel Store on your computer or mobile web browser.
- Log in to the same account that you have been signed in to your Roku.
- Search for the Hulu app on the Search screen.
- Choose the Hulu app from the search results.
- On the app page, click the Add Channel option.
- Sign in to your Hulu account and start streaming.
You can also screen mirror your Android phone or tablet, computer, or laptop to your Roku and stream the Hulu on your Roku connected TV. Read our guide on how to do screen mirroring on Roku for detailed instructions.
How to Activate Hulu on Roku
- Open the Hulu app on your Roku.
- Click on the Sign-in option on the welcome page.
- You will find an activation code on the screen.
- Now go to the Hulu Activation page on your smartphone or computer web browser. (https://secure.hulu.com/activate)
- Log in with your username and password.
- Enter the Hulu apps’ activation code from the TV screen, and click the Activate button.
- Now, you can stream all the Hulu content on your streaming device.
Hulu on Roku: Not Working
There are various reasons for the dysfunction of the app. Use one of the following troubleshooting techniques.
- Close and Open the app one more time.
- Check for the internet connection.
- Check whether the Hulu app got any recent updates.
- Uninstall and install the app again.
- Restart the Roku device.
- Check whether there is any update for Roku firmware and complete.
Related: How to Install and Watch Hulu on Firestick.
1. Is Hulu available on Roku?
Yes, you can get the app from the official Roku Channel Store.
2. How much is Hulu on Roku?
Hulu offers four different subscription plans starting from $5.99 per month to $6.0.99 per month. The app is free to download from Roku Channel Store.