iHeartRadio is an audio streaming platform to listen to podcasts, radio stations, and music. It was developed in the year 2008, and it remains the leading broadcaster in the U.S. It is a freemium platform that offers more than 250,000 podcasts. In addition, it is packed with more than 18 million songs from 400,000 artists. If you’re a Roku user, you can get iHeartRadio on Roku by downloading the app from Roku Channel Store.
iHeartRadio is easy to use, and best of all, it is completely free. However, the free version of this app is equipped with ads. To listen to audio ad-free, you can try the premium version that costs 9.99$/month. The premium subscription is featured with unlimited skips, create a playlist, live radio, etc. iHeartRadio is the best platform to listen to your favorite songs and podcasts.
How to Add iHeartRADIO on Roku
1) The foremost thing to do is to set up the Roku device with your TV.
2) Turn on your Roku.
3) Connect your Roku-connected TV to a stable internet connection.
4) Press the Home button on your Roku remote to navigate to the Home screen.
5) Use the D-pad on the remote to scroll down and select Streaming Channels.
6) Locate and tap Music. You can find this menu under Genres.
7) You can see all the music-related apps on the right side of the screen.
8) Look for the iHeartRADIO app in the Music apps section and select it.
Note: Alternatively, you can also search for the iHeartRADIO app using the Search option under the Streaming Channels menu.
9) Click Add Channel to install the iHeartRADIO app on Roku.
10) After the installation process, launch the app and activate the app to use it on Roku.
How to Activate iHeartRADIO on Roku
1) Launch the iHeartRadio app on your Roku TV-connected TV.
2) The screen displays an activation code and the instructions to get the iHeartradio app on Roku.
3) On your Smartphone or Computer, open your desired browser and visit the iHeartradio activation site.
4) Sign in to the website using your iHeartradio credentials.
5) Enter the activation code on the respective box and tap Activate.
6) Now, you can access the iHeartRadio app on Roku.
Alternative Way to Add iHeartRadio on Roku
You can also add iHeartRadio to Roku using the Roku Channel Store. Before following the steps, make sure to sign in to your Roku account.
1) Open a browser on your mobile or PC.
2) Go to the Roku Channel Store (https://channelstore.roku.com/).
3) Click Sign In displayed at the top right corner of the screen.
4) Enter the login credentials and select Submit. (Ensure to sign in to the same account that you’re using on your Roku device)
5) Tap the Search box and use the virtual keyboard to type iHeartradio.
6) Select the app from the search results and tap Add Channel button.
7) Now, turn On your Roku-connected TV, and you’ll see the iHeartradio app on Roku.
8) Listen to your favorite iHeartradio podcasts on Roku.
Related: How to Install and Stream Willow TV on Roku
Frequently Asked Questions
1) How to Get iHeartRadio on Roku?
This app is available on the Roku Channel Store. So, the users can easily download the app from Roku Store.
2) What are the other ways to add apps on Roku devices?
There are two ways to add apps on Roku. You can add apps to the Roku device by using the Roku app or the Roku website. But make sure to use the same Roku account to sign in.
3) Is iHeartRadio free on Roku?
Yes! the app is completely free to use with an ad-supported feature. To watch ad-free content, you can get the iHeartRadio subscription at $4.99/month or $9.99/month.
4) How to fix iHeartRadio not working on Roku?
If you can’t use iHeartRadio, check for the internet connection and check if the app is up-to-date. When the issue persists, you shall remove and add the channel.