All of us know that IMDb is the platform where you get reviews and ratings of recently released movies. But, it also has a streaming platform called IMDb TV. However, it is not a standalone platform. Amazon owns the app, and the IMDb TV channel is hidden in the Amazon Prime Video app. If you have an active subscription to Amazon Prime Video, you can access the IMDb TV on your Roku device.
IMDb TV is not having any app of its own. You need to access the app in the Amazon Prime Video app. In the IMDb TV app, you can get to watch movies, series, and TV shows for free without any subscription. As the platform is free, you will get ads while streaming video content.
Procedure to Install Amazon Prime Video on Roku
Other than the Amazon Prime Video app, there is no way to access the IMDb Tv content. So, you have to install the Amazon Prime Video app on your Roku.
(1) Switch on your Roku and wait for the home screen to appear.
(2) On the Home screen, go to the Streaming Channels option.
(3) This will open the Roku Channel Store, and the Featured app will appear.
(4) Navigate to the Search Channels option.
(5) Now, the on-screen keyboard will appear.Type Amazon Prime Video and search.
(6) Select the Amazon Prime Video app and tap the Add Channel button.
(7) This will download and install the Amazon Prime Video app on your Roku.
(8) After the installation, tap the OK button and then the Go to channel button.
Procedure to Access IMDb TV on Roku
(1) Run the Amazon Prime Video app on your Roku.
(2) Sign in with your subscribed Prime account. If you don’t have a Prime account, subscribe to one on the Amazon Prime website.
(3) Scroll down until you find the IMDb TV channel. You can also search for the IMDb TV in the search bar.
(4) If you can’t find the app, go to the Channels section on Amazon Prime Video. You will get the IMDb TV app section.
(5) From there, you can access the IMDb TV video content on Roku.
Get access to free movies, series, and TV shows from the IMDb TV on your Roku. Install the Prime Video app on your Roku and watch all the free movies & TV shows from the IMDb TV app. If you have any trouble finding the IMDb TV channel on the Amazon Prime Video app, let us know in the comments section.
Related: How to Stream HBO Max on Roku
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can you watch IMDb on Roku?
Yes, you can. With the Amazon Prime Video app, you can watch IMDb TV video content.
2. Why can’t I get IMDb on Roku?
There is no standalone app for IMDb TV. You have to use the Amazon Prime Video app to access IMDb TV.
3. Is the IMDb channel free?
With the Amazon Prime subscription, IMDb is free to use.