Instagram is one of the coolest and best social media apps to use. It primarily deals with sharing your stories as photos or videos. With Instagram, you can connect with your friends or community of users to discover and share content. You will find lots of funny, informative, and entertaining videos. The standout thing about Instagram is that it will roll out new features every now and then. Like most social apps, Instagram works on Android, iOS, and PC. So, there is no direct way to access Instagram on Firestick. But if you still want to know how to install Instagram on Firestick, this article will help you out.
As Instagram is not available on the Amazon App Store, you can sideload the app on Firestick using the Downloader app. Or, you can also screen mirror the Instagram Live videos and Reals from your smartphone to Firestick.
How to Get Instagram on Firestick
To sideload the Instagram app on Firestick, you have to install the Downloader on Firestick. With that, you shall follow the steps below.
Tweak Firestick Settings
The below Settings changes need to be done on Firestick before sideloading the Instagram apk on Amazon Fire Stick.
(1) Turn on your Firestick and connect Firetstick to an uninterrupted WIFI.
(2) Press the Home button on the Fire remote to access the Home screen.
(3) Using the directional pad, navigate to select the Settings icon on the menu bar.
(4) Go ahead to select the My Fire TV tile.
(5) On the following screen, select the Developer Options.
(6) Choose the Install Unknown Apps option.
(7) Highlight Downloader and enable it On.
Steps to Sideload Instagram on Firestick
(1) Open the Downloader app on your Firestick.
(2) Go to the Search bar and type the Instagram apk’s download link, https://bit.ly/3lZ1JV2.
(3) After entering the link, tap the Go button.
(4) The apk file will begin to download. Then, tap the Next button followed by the Install button.
(5) After the installation, tap the Open button to launch it. Optionally, select Done to remove the apk file.
(6) Choose the Delete option on the pop-up twice to delete the Instagram apk file from Fire TV.
(7) Sign in with your Instagram login details to access your account and scroll through your news feed or IGTV on Firestick.
How to Watch Instagram Live on Firestick Via Screen Casting
If you don’t want to sideload the Instagram app on your Firestick, you can screen mirror the app from your Android or iOS device using the AirScreen app.
(1) Go to the Search bar (Find >> Search) on your Fire TV and search for the AirScreen app.
(2) Select the AirScreen app from the list of apps.
(3) Now, tap the Download icon to install the AirScreen app on Firestick.
(4) After the installation, tap the Open icon.
(5) On the AirScreen app, go to the Settings menu.
(6) Enable the AirPlay feature for iOS devices or the Google Cast feature for Android devices. You can also rename the device for better identification if you want.
(7) Now, take your smartphone and connect it to the same WiFi network as your Firestick.
(8) Go to the Quick Access menu and choose Screen Mirroring for iOS or choose Cast for Android.
(9) Tap on your Firestick device. For confirmation, tap the OK button on the Fire TV remote.
(10) Now, you get the smartphone’s screen on your Firestick. Open the Instagram app on your handheld and watch the Instagram live videos, IGTV, and Reals on your Firestick.
With either of the methods, you will get access to Instagram on Fire TV screen. It is vital to note that you will get a few limitations in terms of features while accessing Instagram on your TV. Besides this, you can try out Facebook Messenger on Firestick.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can. You can sideload the app on Firestick using the Downloader app.
You can either use the Amazon App Store or sideload apps using the Downloader app.
No. You cannot download Instagram on your Fire TV Stick as no official app made available yet.
If you can’t install Instagram, you need to update your device to the latest version. Also, check if your internet connectivity is stable.