iTunes is software that allows you to play digital media collections on your computer. You can use iTunes to purchase, play, download, and organize digital multimedia on your PC. iTunes is compatible with streaming devices like Roku and Chromecast. But, we cannot play iTunes contents on Firestick. Because the iTunes videos are encoded in M4V format with DRM protected, and this format is not supported by Amazon Fire TV Stick.
So, if you want to stream iTunes videos on Firestick, you should convert all the videos to MP4 or other DRM-free formats. The converted media files can only be accessed on Firestick using the mirroring feature. So let’s see how to convert iTunes media files and play them on Fire TV.
How to Convert iTunes Videos
We are going to use the TunesKit M4V converter to convert the iTunes media files. It is available for both Windows and Mac PCs. Before going to the steps, install the TunesKit M4V converter on your PC.
1. Launch the converter and click on the Library button.
2. Add all the iTunes media files that you want to convert.
3. Now, in the Format panel, select the output format.
4. Click on the Convert button. The converter will remove the DRM protection and convert the selected iTunes media files to Firestick supported format.
How to Play iTunes on Firestick
1. Connect your Firestick and the computer to the same WIFI network.
2. Hold the Home button on the Fire TV remote.
3. Select the Mirroring option on the menu.
4. Now, on your computer, click the Notification icon.
5. Select the Connect option.
6. Then, select your Firestick device.
7. Now, you can start watching iTunes on Amazon Fire TV.
Related: How to Chromecast iTunes Library to TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I transfer iTunes movies to Firestick?
If you want to play iTunes on Amazon Fire Stick, convert the movies to MP4 or other DRM-free video formats.
2. Does Firestick have Airplay?
You can’t directly access the Airplay on your Firestick. You should install AirScreen from Amazon App Store to Airplay the contents on iOS devices to Firestick.