Jellyfin is a cloud storage service used to store your media files. You need a Jellyfin software media server to store and access your files. Using Jellyfin, you can collect, manage, and stream your media. Further, you can collect your favorite movies with the beautiful collection of posters and create your own playlist to listen to the songs on the go. In addition, you can watch Live TV and record it using the automatic recordings and add it to your media library. The media files stored on the Jellyfin are safe because it doesn’t track your phone or central servers that collect your data. You can access Jellyfin on Roku, Android, iOS, and other devices. However, the article has explained the step-by-step methods to install and stream Jellyfin on your Firestick.
How to Install Jellyfin on Firestick
Since the Jellyfin app is available on the Amazon App Store, you can directly download the Jellyfin Firestick app.
Quick Guide: Launch Firestick Home screen >> select Find and click Search >> type Jellyfin on search >> tap Download >> click Open >> connect to your Jellyfin Sever.
1. Launch the Home screen on Firestick by pressing the Home button on your Firestick remote.
2. Tap the Find tab and click the Search tile.
3. Type Jellyfin on the search bar using the virtual keyboard.
4. Select the app from the search results and tap the Download button.
5. Wait for the app to get installed on your Firestick.
6. After the installation, click on the Open button to launch the Jellyfin app on your Firestick.
7. When prompted, enter the Jellyfin login details to use it on your TV.
How to Install Jellyfin on Firestick using Downloader
Install the Downloader app on Firestick
1. Navigate to the Firestick Home screen.
2. Select Find and click on the Search tile.
3. Type Downloader on the search bar using the virtual keyboard.
4. Select the app from the search results.
5. Tap the Download button to install the app on your Firestick.
6. After installing the app, click on the Open button to launch the app on your Firestick.
Enable Unknown Sources
1. Click the Settings icon on your Firestick home screen.
2. Select My Fire TV from the settings menu.
3. Click the Developer Options.
4. Tap the Install unknown apps.
5. Select Turn On for the Downloader to sideload the Jellyfin app on your Firestick.
Sideload Jellyfin on Firestick using Downloader
1. Navigate to the Apps section on your Firestick.
2. Select and launch the Downloader app on your Firestick home screen.
3. A prompt message will appear on the screen when you open the app.
4. Click the Allow button to allow the downloader app to access the files stored on your Firestick.
5. Tap the Home tab on the left pane.
6. Type the download link of the Jellyfin apk on the URL field.
7. Click the Go button to download the Jellyfin apk file.
8. After downloading the apk file, open it and tap the Install button.
9. Wait till the app completes its installation.
10. Hit the Open button to launch the app on your Firestick.
11. Finally, click the Delete button to delete the apk files permanently from your Firestick.
How to Setup Jellyfin on Firestick
1. Navigate to the Apps section.
2. Select the Jellyfin app from the list of available apps.
3. Next, press the Options button on your Firestick remote.
4. Tap Move to launch the app on your Firestick home screen.
5. After you open the app, click the Enter Manually tile under the Select server option.
6. Type your Jellyfin Server address on the given field and tap the Ok button.
7. Once you are connected to the Jellyfin server, select the media file you want to stream on your Firestick.
8. Finally, you can stream the Jellyfin medial files on the big screen.
You can try to install the Jellyfin app from the Amazon store, but if you couldn’t install it, then follow the alternative method to install the Jellyfin app on your Firestick using the Downloader and store your media files safely. If you are not comfortable, you can also use the Google Drive on Firestick as Jellyfin alternative to store and access the media files on any device.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, the Jellyfin Fire TV app is available on the Amazon App Store.
Yes, the Jellyfin app is free to download and access on your Firestick.
Yes, you can navigate on Firestick without a remote using the Firestick remote app on your Smartphone.