Jellyfin is open-source software used to store and access media files on the big screen. It is completely free to download and use. Its simple and intuitive interface allows the users to navigate the app easily. In addition, you can store all the media files such as video, audio, photos, and other documents like Google Drive. The media files you store on Jellyfin are safe because it doesn’t track or store the user data. Jellffin is compatible with Andriod, iOS, Roku, Firestick, etc. You need a free Jellyfin Server 10.7+ running on a computer to access Jellyfin on Roku. With that, you can install and access the Jellfin directly from the Roku Channel Store.
How to Install Jellyfin on Roku
Quick Guide: Go to Roku Home screen >> Streaming Channels >> Search Channels >> search and select Jellyfin >> Add Channel >> Go to Channel >> Sign in.
1. Initially, connect your Roku streaming player to the HDMI port on your TV and then to the WIFI.
2. Press the Home button on Roku remote to navigate to the home screen.
3. Select Streaming Channels from the menu that appears on the screen.
4. Choose Search Channels on the next screen.
5. Type Jellyfin in the Search bar using the on-screen keyboard.
6. Select the app from the search results.
7. Tap the Add Channel button on the description page to install the app on your device.
8. After installing the app, tap the OK button.
9. Next, launch the app by clicking the Go to Channel button.
10. Once you open the Jellyfin Roku app, tap the Enter Manually tile under Select Server.
11. Type your Jellyfin Server address in the given field and tap the Ok button.
12. Finally, you can stream Jellyfin content on Roku.
Alternative Method to Get Jellyfin on Roku
You can also install and stream Jellyfin from the Roku Channel Store website.
1. first, open a web browser on your device.
2. Navigate to the Roku Channel Store Website.
3. Tap the Sign in button and type the account details that you use on your Roku device.
4. Type Jellyfin on the search.
5. Pick the app from the search results.
6. If you want to know more about the app tap the Details option.
7. Next, tap the +Add Channel to install the app on your device.
8. Once the app is installed you can launch and stream the app on Roku.
Try out any of the above methods to install and stream Jellyfin on Roku and make sure to create your Jellyfin server before you begin the process.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Jellyfin is available on the Channel Store.
Yes, You can access the Jellyfin server and content for free.
Yes. As new features get added frequently on Jellyfin, it is better than Plex on Roku.