MeTV is a popular American classic television network that offers a variety of nostalgic shows to watch. The users can stream all the MeTV network shows through MeTV streaming app. The app doesn’t ask you for a subscription. You can just stream from the app by creating a free MeTV account. Further, you can stream both live and on-demand videos from the app. In addition, you get alerts from the app about your favorite shows and when others react to your comments. MeTV is available on multiple platforms. In this tutorial, you will learn to install and stream MeTV on Amazon’s Firestick.
Some of the favorite shows available on the MeTV app are The Andy Griffith Show, The Flintstones, Star Trek, The Brady Bunch, and many more. You will find classic series like The Rifleman, The Lucy Show, The Donna Reed Show, Peter Gunn, and more on the app.
How to Install MeTV on Firestick/Fire TV
MeTV isn’t available on Amazon App Store. So, we need to sideload the app on Firestick as an apk file. We can use Downloader and ES File Explorer apps to sideload third-party apps on Firestick devices. As we are going to sideload third-party apps on the device, we have to make certain changes in the device’s settings. i.e., enable unknown source access on Firestick.
1. Click on the Find menu on the Firestick home screen and choose the Search option.
2. Search for the Downloader app using the on-screen keyboard.
3. Choose the app from the search results and click Get/Download to install the app on the device.
4. Get back to Fire TV home to click on Settings and choose My Fire TV.
5. Under that, click on Developer Options.
6. On the following screen, turn on the option Apps from Unknown Sources.
7. Choose Downloader and select Turn On.
8. Launch the Downloader app on Firestick from the Apps section of Fire TV.
9. When the app opens, click Allow if prompted.
10. Tap on the URL field on the Downloader app and provide the MeTV apk URL link.
11. After that, click the Go button to initiate the download process.
12. When the apk file is downloaded, click Install to download the app on your device.
13. Next, choose Open to launch the app.
14. Finally, start streaming from the MeTV app on your Firestick.
How to Get MeTV on Firestick using ES File Explorer App
1. Search for the ES File Explorer app on your Firestick.
2. Click Install to install the app on your device.
3. Now, go to Fire TV Settings >> My Fire TV >> Developer options >> Install Unknown Apps >> ES File Explorer >> Turn On.
4. Now, launch the ES File Explorer app from your Fire TV home or apps section.
5. On the home screen of ES File Explorer on Firestick, click on the Tools menu.
6. Choose the +New icon.
7. On the Download pop-up that appears, enter the apk file link in the Path field and enter MeTV in the Name field.
8. Click on Download Now to download the apk file.
9. After that, click Open File to install the app on your device.
10. You can find the MeTV logo available under the Apps & Games section.
11. Launch the app, log in to your account, and start streaming MeTV shows on your Fire TV.
- Visit the MeTV website to create an account if you are a new user.
These are the two alternative ways you can use to sideload MeTV on your Firestick device. It offers different shows to watch. The live stream feature on the app is not available everywhere, and you can live stream only in the US. In addition to Fire TV, you shall install MeTV on Roku.
Frequently Asked Questions
MeTV is not available on Firestick officially. You have to sideload the app on the device.
You can watch different classic shows on the MeTV app.
Yes, you can watch MeTV on Firestick.
Yes, you can watch. MeTV is available on App Store, so you can install the app directly.
No, the MeTV app doesn’t include an in-built Chromecast feature.
Yes. You can watch MeTV on the Xfinity Stream app.
No. MeTV isn’t available on Pluto TV.
You can rely on the Hulu app to stream MeTV without a cable or satellite connection.