When you consider the best streaming devices, Fire TV Stick and Roku top the list. Amazon Firestick is like Android devices, you can customize based on your preferences and can install any apps and games. Roku is like iOS devices, have their own OS and own ecosystem. You are restricted to the system limitations. That’s why streaming apps like Mobdro can’t be installed or sideloaded on Roku streaming devices. You can install apps and games that are available on the Roku Channel Store.
As of now, Mobdro is not available on the Roku Channel Store. To use the Mobdro app on your Roku, you need to use the Screen Mirroring feature. All the Roku devices are equipped with the Screen Mirroring feature. You can cast or mirror media files from your smartphone. For that, you need to install the Mobdro app on your smartphone and need to meet some pre-requirements.
Procedure to Install Mobdro on Smartphone/Tablet
The Mobdro app is available only for Android-based devices like smartphones, tablets, and Firestick. You can’t install the app on your iOS device.
(1) On your Android device, go to the Mobdro download link.
(2) The Mobdro apk will start to download. Wait for the download to complete.
(3) Then, click the Open button on the browser.
(4) You will get the Installation screen. Click the Install button.
(5) At this point, you have installed the Mobdro app on your Android smartphone.
Procedure to Screen Mirror Mobdro On Roku
(1) Connect your smartphone/tablet to the same WiFi network as your Roku.
(2) On your Roku, open the Settings menu.
(3) On the Settings menu, choose the System option.
(4) Now, select the Screen mirroring option and tap on the Screen mirroring mode on the right pane.
(5) Select the Always allow option.
Screen Mirroring Mobdro on Roku
(1) On your smartphone/tablet, go to the Quick Access menu.
(2) Tap on the Cast or Screen Mirroring option. The name of the icon varies based on the brand of smartphones.
(3) Now, your smartphone will look for a nearby casting device. When your Roku is detected, tap on it.
(4) Then, open the Mobdro app on your smartphone and stream any video file.
(5) It will appear on your Roku device.
Roku streaming devices operate on their own OS, Roku OS. To jailbreak the Roku device and to install third-party apps are not decoded yet. Until then, you need to use your smartphone to cast contents to your Roku. If you have any doubts or difficulties, tell us in the comments below.
Related: How to Use Screen Mirroring on Roku to Cast PC / Phone
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can you download Mobdro on Roku?
No, you can’t. You can only cast the app from your smartphone.
2. Is Mobdro legal?
Yes and no. Some of the video contents in the app are not legal. As a safety precaution, use VPNs.
3. Does Mobdro stream live TV?
Yes. in Movdro, you can get to live stream TV channels without any issues.