If you use your Fire TV Stick for browsing and gaming, you can install Norton VPN. With this, you can protect your personal information like IP address and geolocation from internet hackers. It helps you change the IP address and geolocation. So, you can surf the internet anonymously. Norton VPN is one of the best VPNs for Firestick and has advanced encryption protocols. It will secure your connection automatically when connected to a suspicious WIFI. It has Kill Switch support and thus connects your device back to the internet when disconnected. Above all, Norton VPN doesn’t track your activity or user data. So, your connection is entirely safe and private with Norton VPN on Firestick.
How to Install Norton Secure VPN on Firestick
As of now, you cannot find Norton VPN for Firestick on the Amazon App Store. You have to sideload the VPN using any third-party installers. Let’s see how to download Norton VPN on Firestick devices.
Visit the Norton Secure VPN website (https://www.norton.com/products/norton-secure-vpn) to subscribe to its plans.
Before you sideload any apps on Firestick, you should configure the device settings. You should install Downloader on Firestick. Optionally, you can even get Norton Secure VPN using ES File Explorer on Firestick.
(1) On the Fire TV home, select the Gear icon from the menu bar in the middle pane.
(2) Select the My Fire TV tile and choose the Developer Options.
(3) Choose the Install Unknown Apps option.
(4) Then, select between Downloader or ES File Explorer.
(5) Click on the Turn On option to get Norton on Firestick.
Steps to Sideload Norton VPN on Firestick Via Downloader
(1) Open the Downloader app on your Firestick.
(2) Go to the Search bar and enter the Norton VPN (Norton Secure VPN) apk download link.
(3) After entering the link, you should click on the Go button.
(4) The apk file will begin to download, and you will get the Installation screen. Tap the Install button.
(5) After the app is installed, tap the Done button to close the installation screen.
(6) Now, select the Delete button to delete the Norton Secure VPN’s apk file on Firestick.
(7) Then, open the Norton VPN from the apps list on Fire TV.
Sideload Norton VPN on Firestick Via ES File Explorer
(1) Press the Home button on the Fire remote to select the Apps option.
(2) From the list of available options, select the ES File Explorer tile to launch it.
(3) Highlight the Tools option and select the Download Manager option from the left pane of the File Explorer home screen.
(4) Then, click on the +New option from the bottom.
(5) On the Download dialog box, enter the Norton secure VPN download link for Firestick on the Path field. Provide the name as Norton VPN. Click Download Now.
(6) Allow the download of Norton VPN to complete on your Fire TV.
(7) On the pop-up, select Open File and then Install.
(8) After the installation, launch the Norton VPN and sign in to your account.
How to Setup and Use Norton VPN on Firestick
(1) Buy the subscription from the Norton website.
(2) Open the Norton VPN on Fire TV Stick and sign in to the subscribed account by entering the Norton VPN login details.
(3) Choose the server from your desired country.
(4) Then, minimize the Norton Secure VPN app on your Firestick and start browsing the internet.
(5) All your personal identities will be encrypted with the VPN network.
How to Fix Norton VPN Not Working Issue
If you come across Norton VPN not connecting or fails to work on your device, you shall carry out the below fixes to get it back to the working state. The same fixes will work when your Norton VPN won’t turn on.
- Check for the internet connection.
- Try connecting to a different server.
- Find if the firewall is blocking it and remove if any.
- Restart the Norton Secure VPN.
- You can find the conflicting apps and remove or disable them.
- Check if there is any server outage with the Norton VPN from its status page.
- Uninstall and reinstall the latest version of Norton VPN.
- You shall update Firestick to the latest version.
Install the Norton VPN app on your Fire TV Stick with either of the methods to protect your personal information. Use VPNs to avoid online trackers and phishing websites whenever you browse the internet. If you don’t want to sideload Norton, you shall get ExpressVPN on Firestick as it is officially available.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can sideload the Norton Secure VPN using the Downloader app or ES File Explorer on your Firestick.
Yes. It is safe to use as it doesn’t keep track of your online activity or monetize the user data.
Considering the VPN’s performance on Firestick, Norton is worth the buy.
Yes, it does. Whenever your device is connected to the Norton VPN, it will hide your IP address.
Yes. You can turn on and use the VPN with Norton 360.
The annual plan of Norton VPN costs $24.99/device, $39.99 for 5 devices, and $59.99 for 10 devices.
Yes. A VPN is essential if you want to unblock the geo-restrictions or to keep your identity private.
Yes. It works with Netflix in the US. However, you cannot expect the VPN to do the same in other countries as it has limited servers.
Launch the VPN and tap on the Connected button to turn it off or disable it.
NordVPN is better than Norton as it has servers spread across the country.
Yes. It works on all the Amazon Fire TV lineup of devices.