Parental Controls are the most intelligent way to keep your child from accessing inappropriate content. There are many games that exhibit violent and R-rated content in recent times. Enabling parental controls is the only way to stop your child from playing such types of games. In addition, it also prevents your child from game addiction. It is an effective way to restrict and monitor your kids’ gaming activity. Configuring the PS4 parental controls is much easier than controlling your child from playing games. So. you can enable parental controls and protect your child from the perils of gaming. This blog includes the definitive guide on how to set Parental Controls on PS4.
How to Enable Parental Controls on PS4
Enabling Parental Controls on PS4 isn’t easy. First, you should customize certain settings to experience the Parental Controls on PS4. The process is tedious, but the final result will be worth it. Before setting up parental controls on PS4, make sure to create a Family Manager account for yourselves and then create a child account for your kids.
System Restriction Password
1) Turn on your PS4 console.
2) The foremost thing to do is set a System Restriction Password.
3) On the home screen, locate and select the What’s New menu. You can find this menu near the PlayStation Store.
4) Scroll left or right and tap Settings.
5) Scroll down to the option Parental Controls/Family Management and click it.
6) Tap PS4 System Restrictions.
7) Enter the Default code 0000.
8) Now, set your desired password. Always keep the password simple.
9) Press the X button on the controller to save the changes.
Play Time Settings
1) Navigate to PS4 Settings.
2) Select the option Parental Controls/Family Management.
3) Click Family Management and select your Child’s account.
4) Under Parental Controls| Play Time, select Play Time Settings.
5) Tap Restrict and set your desired PlayTime.
6) Confirm the changes by pressing the X button on the controller.
Try This Way!
- Log in to Account Management >> Family Management >> Kid’s account >> Play Time Settings >> Customize Play Time settings >> Save.
Disable Chat on PS4
1) Go to the PS4 Settings panel and tap the Parental Controls/Family Management option.
2) Select the Family Management option and tap your Child’s account.
3) Locate and click the option Applications/Devices/Network Features.
4) Scroll down and select Communicating with Other Players option under the heading Network Features.
5) Change the Settings from Allowed to Not Allowed and click the X button to save it.
6) Go back to the Applications/Devices/Network Features settings and tap Viewing Content Created by Other Players. Disabling this option prevents your child from seeing the images and videos shared by other players. Change the settings from Allowed to Not Allowed.
Try This Way!
- Sign in to Account Management >> Family Management >> Kid’s account >> Network Features – Communication and User-Generated Content >> Customize the settings and Save.
Related: How to Setup a VPN on PlayStation (PS3, PS4, PS5)
Restrict Monthly Spending Limit
1) On the Settings panel, navigate and select Parental Controls/Family Management.
2) Tap Family Management option.
2) You’ll see the accounts signed in to PS4 on the screen. Select your child’s account from the list.
3) Tap Applications/Devices/Network Features. You’ll find this option under the heading Parental Controls.
4) On the new screen, navigate to the bottom and click Monthly Spending Limit.
5) Now, enter the amount of money that your kid can spend. If you want to restrict the purchases, just add 0 in the respective box.
6) On your PS4 controller, tap the X button to save the changes you’ve made.
Try This Way!
- Sign in to Account Management >> Family Management >> Kid’s account >> Monthly Spending Limit >> Edit and Save the settings.
Set Age Levels for Games and Blu-Ray Disc
1) Open the PS4 settings.
2) Scroll down and click Parental Controls/Family Management.
3) Under PS4 System Restriction, you’ll find an option Family Management. Select it.
4) Click on your child’s PSN account.
5) Locate the option Applications/Devices/Network Features and tap it.
6) Select Age Level for Games and customize the age level.
7) To enhance the restriction, select the lower levels. You can also find the ESRB rating below the level you’ve changed. Doing this restricts your child from accessing R-rated games.
7) Save it by tapping the X button.
8) Navigate back to the Applications/Devices/Network Features settings.
9) Click the option Age Level for Blu-ray discs and DVD Videos and set your desired age level, and save it.
Try This Way!
- Sign in to Account Management >> Family Management >> Kid’s account >> Application & Devices – Age Level for Games >> Customize and Save the changes.
- Sign in to Account Management >> Family Management >> Kid’s account >> Application & Devices – Age Level for Blu-ray Discs and DVD Videos >> Customize and Save it.
1) Go to Settings and click Parental Controls/Family Management.
2) Select Family Management and tap your child’s PSN account.
3) Tap the option Applications/Devices/Network Features.
4) Under Application & Devices, select Use of Internet Browser.
5) Change the settings from Allowed to Not Allowed. Customizing this setting restricts your kid from using the browser.
6) Press the X button to approve your changes.
Try This Way!
- Sign in to Account Management >> Family Management >> Kid’s account >> Use of Internet Browser >> Edit and Save the changes.
Related: How to Set Up Parental Controls on PS3
Frequently Asked Questions
1) Can you set time limits on PS4?
Yes! You can set time limits on PS4. You can set time limits in your child’s account on PS4 Parental Controls/Family Management settings. To know more, follow the steps in the blog.
2) What is my default System Restriction Passcode?
The default System Restriction Passcode for the PS4 console is 0000.
3) Can I set Parental Controls on PS3?
Like PS4, you can also set parental controls on PS3. The process is super easy to do. The parental controls of PS3 and PS4 are slightly similar to each other.