PBS (Public Broadcasting Service) Video is an American-based streaming platform available in the USA, Canada, and Mexico. It is a subscription-based platform that costs $5.99 per month with a 7-day free trial. PBS Video app is available for streaming devices like Roku and Amazon Firestick. With the app, you can access thousands of full-length episodes and movies, documentaries from PBS, and more PBS Originals.
PBS app is officially available on the Roku Channel Store. You can install the app directly without any trouble. The app is available for all the Roku models. Follow the below steps to install the app on your Roku streaming device.
How to Install PBS on Roku?
(1) Turn on your Roku and go to the Streaming Channels option.
(2) The Roku Channel Store screen will appear. Navigate to the Search Channels and tap on it.
(3) Go to the on-screen keyboard and type PBS.
(4) Then, choose the PBS from the Suggestion Results.
(5) Now, click on the Add channel button on the right side of the screen.
(6) Wait for the channel to download to install.
(7) When it is completed, click the OK button.
(8) Now, click the Go to channel button to open the PBS app.
How to Activate the PBS on Roku?
To use the PBS app on your Roku device, you need to activate the app with your PBS account. To do so,
(1) Open the PBS app from the Home menu.
(2) You will get the activation code, a seven-digit code. Note down the code.
(3) Take your smartphone or PC and go to the PBS activation website.
(4) Enter the activation code on the specified area and click the Continue button.
(5) To complete the activation, it will ask you to sign in with your PBS account. Sign in with your subscribed PBS account.
(6) After the successful sign in, you will get the PBS app’s home screen on the streaming device.
Install the PBS app on your Roku streaming device from the Roku Channel Store. Activate the PBS app and get to watch thousands of series & movies on your Roku. If you have difficulties in the above steps, tell us in the comments section. We will give you a solution.
Related: Sling TV on Roku
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I watch live PBS on Roku?
Yes, you can. If you have an active PBS account, you can watch all the video contents available on the app.
2. How do I activate PBS on my Roku?
To activate the PBS app, you need to go to the PBS activation website mentioned in this article.
3. Is the PBS app on Roku free?
You can install the app for free on Roku. To watch videos on PBS, you need to buy the subscription.