PlayStation Vue is an online television service owned by Sony Interactive Entertainment. It is one of the most popular subscription-based streaming services available in the United States. The subscription plans start from $49.99/month to $84.99/month. PlayStation Vue has dedicated apps for Android, iOS devices, and PCs. The channel library is quite extensive, with channels including local, national, and on-demand channels. It supports major cable TV channels like CNN, FOX, AMC, and Cartoon Network. In this article, we will discuss everything you need to know about PlayStation Vue on Firestick.
PlayStation Vue app was officially discontinued by Sony PlayStation Vue on January 30, 2020. PlayStation explained that they wanted to focus on their gaming division more. The shutdown is mainly because of the rising competition in streaming services and competitive rates. So, PlayStation Vue is no longer available on any platforms, including Firestick.
How to Install PlayStation Vue on Firestick
The PlayStation Vue can be easily installed on Firestick as it is available on Amazon App Store.
1. Click on the Search icon in the Home Screen of your Firestick TV.
2 Type PlayStation Vue in the search bar using the on-screen keyboard and click GO.
3. From the search results, select the PlayStation Vue app.
4. Click the Download button on the channel info page.
5 After the downloading is complete, click Open.
6. Sign in with your subscription account and watch PlayStation Vue on your Firestick.
How to Sideloading PlayStation Vue on Firestick
1. Tap on the Settings in the Home screen of your Firestick.
2. Go to My Fire TV \ Devices in the Settings menu.
3. Select Developer Options from the list.
4. Click Apps from Unknown Sources to turn it on.
5. Then, choose Turn On to confirm your selection.
6. Repeat the same steps to turn on ABD debugging.
7. Further go to your home screen, and in the search bar, type in Downloader.
8. Choose the Downloader app from the search results.
9. Click the download button on the channel info page.
10. Once the download is completed, open the Downloader app.
11. Tap Allow if any pop-up prompts. For new Fire OS, go to My Fire TV >> Developer Options >> Install Unknown Apps >> Downloader >> Turn On.
12. In the search bar, type the PlayStation Vue app link and click GO.
13. Once the download is completed, click on the Install button.
14. When the installation is completed, open the PlayStation Vue app and sign in with your PlayStation Vue account.
15. Stream all the videos on your Fire TV.
Related: How to Stream Twitch on Firestick.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is PlayStation Vue still available on FireStick?
No, PlayStation Vue has discontinued all its services since January 30, 2020.
2. What other platforms host PlayStation Vue?
PlayStation Vue was available on Roku, Android, the Apple TV, Chromecast, PlayStation 3, PS4, and iOS devices. But the app is officially shut down.