Most of the modern-day streaming devices and smart TVs have the built-in Screen Mirroring option. This feature is used to cast or mirror media files from smartphones or PCs to the TV. The Screen Mirroring option is available on the Roku device too. If you how to use a screen mirror on Roku, you can get access to the streaming apps and channels that are not available for Roku.
Screen Mirroring on Roku
The Screen Mirroring feature on Roku works the same way as the Chromecast device. It receives the media content from your smartphone or PC and displays it on the Roku connected TVs or Roku TVs. As you can’t install certain apps and channels from the Roku Channel Store, it is important to know how to use the Screen Mirroring feature.
Procedure to Use Screen Mirroring on Roku Devices
At first, you need is to enable screen mirroring option on your streaming device.
(1) On your Roku, go to the Settings option.
(2) On the Settings screen, click the Screen mirroring option.
(3) Tick the Enable screen mirroring option.
(4) Choose the Screen mirroring mode as Always allow.
Screen Mirroring on Roku: From Android
(1) Connect your Android smartphone to the same WiFi as your Roku device.
(2) On your Android smartphone, click the Cast icon. The icon will be available on the Control Center or in the Settings –> Display settings.
(3) Your smartphone will look for a mirroring device. When your Roku device is detected, click on it.
(4) Now, your smartphone screen will be mirrored to your Roku connected TV.
Screen Mirroring on Roku: From PC
On Windows 8.1 PCs
(1) On your Windows 8.1 PC, click the Windows + C shortcut key.
(2) Choose the Devices option on the right pane.
(3) Click on the Project option.
(4) Now, click the Add a wireless display option and add your Roku device.
(5) When it is added, your PC screen will be mirrored to your Roku.
On Windows 10 PCs
In Windows 10, go to Project –> Connect to a wireless display to add your Roku device.
Note: Make sure that your PC is connected to the same WiFi network as your Roku device.
Related: How to Add Channels to Roku [3 Different Ways]
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I cast the Zoom meeting to Roku TV?
By using any one of the methods, you can mirror your Zoom meetings with your Roku TV. But for audio and mic, you need to use your smartphone or PC.
2. How do I mirror from iPhone to Roku?
As of now, there is no feature available on the iPhone to mirror the screen. But you can cast YouTube app and apps having built-in Cast icon to cast contents from your iPhone to Roku.
These are the different ways that you can use to perform a screen mirroring feature on your Roku device. Apps like Facebook are not available for Roku. With this, you can screen mirror the Facebook app to your Roku with ease. You can use the same guide to perform screen mirroring on any Roku device or TV. If you have any other queries related to mirroring on Roku, tell us in the comments section.