Showbox is a third-party online streaming app that is more popular among entertainment enthusiasts. It is an Android app to stream movies, TV shows, and on-demand content. Besides being lightweight, Showbox has the biggest streaming library with an ever-updating list of contents. It even lets users choose video resolution between HD, SD, and full HD. Since it provides streaming content at an inexpensive cost, it is used as a cable TV replacement. Being an Android app, Fire TV users look for ways to access Showbox on Firestick. But, that isn’t going to be simple as Showbox isn’t Firestick compatible. Check out this section to know if you can access Showbox on Firestick.
Is Showbox on Firestick Available?
Nope. Showbox isn’t officially available on Amazon App Store. In fact, you will not find it on any other official app store. Because Showbox is a third-party app that, at times, brings you copyright contents. Thus, it is currently available as an Apk file only.
Showbox on Firestick
Since Showbox is found to be a third-party app, you have to configure your Firestick to change some of its settings.
1. On the Home screen of Firestick, navigate to select Settings.
2. Under Settings option, choose Device or My Fire TV.
3. Select Developer Options to make changes in the settings.
4. Highlight Apps from Unknown Sources and turn it On to install apps from third-party sources.
5. On the warning pop-up, select Turn On button.
How to Install Showbox on Firestick?
You shall choose to download Showbox using any third party installer apps. The section assumes that you have any of the installers like Downloader or Aptoide TV. Otherwise, download it to thereby proceed with Showbox installation on Fire TV.
Downloader is the most popularly used installer app on Firestick. It will help you install a third-party app just by providing its APK file download link. If you haven’t downloaded this app, you can install the Downloader on Firestick.
1. Select the Search icon available on the Firestick home screen.
2. Type in as Downloader letter by letter wih the help screen keyboard and select the same to launch it.
3. A prompt appears if in case you are using Downloader for the first time. Just select Allow.
4. On the update notes, choose OK to go to Home screen of Downloader.
5. Under Home tab, type in the URL of the Showbox as http://bit.ly/2Dga6qq and Select GO.
6. Wait for the download process to end. After that, you shall select Next button to install it.
7. Then choose Install button and wait for the installation to complete.
8. Click on Done to launch it later or Open button to launch it immediately on Firestick.
9. When prompted, click Delete and select Delete once again to remove the Showbox file.
Using Aptoide TV
Aptoide TV is a third-party app store that holds all the Android apps. If you have Aptoide TV on Firestick, then get to know the procedure to install Showbox.
1. Go to My Apps & Games of Firestick with the help of Fire TV remote and select Aptoide TV to launch it.
2. Select between Editor’s Choice or Top Applications from the left pane.
Note: For instant result, use the Search icon on the home screen of Aptoide TV and type in as Showbox.
3. Check for Showbox from the search result and click on its icon.
4. On the info screen, you need to select Install button to download it.
5. If you get a warning message, click OK to proceed with its downloading process.
6. Once after the download gets completed, select Next.
7. When the installation screen appears, you should click Install.
8. Choose Done to open Showbox at any time later or click on Open to launch it instantly.
Although Showbox brings you so much to stream, it isn’t a remote-friendly option for Fire TV. You should rely on the Mouse Toggle app to take advantage of all its features. In addition, you need to have a VPN installed if you don’t want to deal with any legal or copyright issues.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Mouse Toggle app a must to use Showbox on Firestick?
- Yes. Showbox is an Android app and isn’t remote-friendly. So, you will find difficulty in accessing Showbox on Fire TV. To overcome this issue, you need to have the Mouse Toggle app. With this app, you will get a pointer on the Showbox screen, and you can navigate with ease. You shall use the Downloader to get the Mouse Toggle app.
Is Showbox a better alternative of Terrarium TV?
- Yes. If you are in search of an alternative to Terrarium TV, then Showbox works the best.
Is Showbox legal and safe?
- The legality of Showbox falls under the grey area. Because it has both legal and illegal contents, hence making it unsafe to use. However, you can overcome these issues with the help of a VPN.