Showtime is an American stand-alone streaming service provider. It delivers various content like on-demand videos and live TV shows etc. Apart from that, it also streams various movies and Live TVs. Moreover, Showtime is well known for its advertisement-free streamings. With this, Showtime is a perfect rival for most streaming applications like Hulu and others. However, you don’t need any cable subscription to enjoy Showtime. Showtime Anytime is another sister app of Showtime, which is available for all Showtime subscribers. Anyways, lets us get into the topic “how to watch Showtime on Roku streaming device“. Roku is one of the best streaming devices available.
The subscription plan costs $10.99/month and $99.99/year. It comes with a 30-days free trial.
Watch Showtime on Roku
Roku is an entirely different platform that runs with Roku OS. So you can download and install the app only if the app has its own native version for Roku. Showtime has its own native version app for Roku, so you can get it from the Roku channel store itself. Follow the steps to download and install Showtime on your Roku device.
Step 1: Setup your Roku
- Connect your Roku device with your TV through the HDMI port. If it is a Roku stick, connect it through the USB port.
- By the way, connect your Roku device to the included Ac adapter.
- Then Power it up. And then turn on your Roku device.
- Insert batteries on your Roku remote.
- Now, connect your Roku to an uninterrupted WiFi network.
Step 2: Go to Roku Channel Store
Once done with the setup, go to the Roku channel store.
- On your Roku remote, press the Home button. You will end up on the Roku home screen.
- On the left side panel, you can find a “streaming channel“. Click on it to open.
- You are now in the Roku Channel Store.
Step 3: Download Showtime
- On the Roku Channel Store, scroll and hover to the Search icon.
- Then with the help of the remote, navigate the on-screen keyboard and type Showtime.
- You will get suggestions in between. Choose the app with the following icon.
- Then press OK on the remote. You will end up on the App information page.
- There click on the Add Channel button.
And the app will now be installed on your Roku. You can find the channel on the Home screen.
Step 4: Subscribe to Showtime on Roku
- From your Roku home screen, launch the Showtime application.
- Then choose the “Start your free trial“.
- And now, you will be given on-screen instructions to complete the whole sign-up process.
- Provide the necessary details and credentials.
- Then choose a plan and subscribe by choosing your payment path.
That’s it. You are now done. Once the 30 days free trial ends, you will be billed through your Roku account. If you don’t want to continue, cancel the subscription before the free trial ends.
Related: How to Stream SHOWTIME ANYTIME on Apple TV
Showtime is only available in the US region. If you want to use it outside the US, then go with a VPN. And you can even add apps from the Roku website or Roku mobile application. But still, this is so simple and direct. Finally, provide us with constructive feedback in the comment section below.