SiriusXM is a subscription-based Radio service that provides access to music, news, and podcasts. It has a huge catalog of music genres, including hip-hop, rock, jazz, pop, pop-rock, etc. Not just music, it also has a wide range of entertainment that includes sports, comedy, and talk shows. It lets us customize the music channels, and with the added search feature, you can find your favorites titles or music tracks. You can access SiriusXM on different devices including smart TVs. So, you can use SiriusXM on Roku, and you will find two different ways here in this guide.
SiriusXM has three different subscription plans: Music & Entertainment at $7.99 a month, Platinum at $10.99 a month, and Music Showcase at $4.99 a month. Of the above two packages, Platinum offers 425+ channels and ad-free music. You can access both the subscription packs for the first 3 months at just $1.
How to Get SiriusXM on Roku
SiriusXM is available on Roku by the SiriusXM app directly, and the other way to stream SiriusXM is Screen Mirroring from Smartphones.
Quick Start Guide: On Roku home page>> Select Streaming Channels>> Select Search Channels>> Enter SiriusXM >> Select Add Channel >> Click Open to launch it.
The app is available in the Roku Channel Store. So, you can directly add the app to the Roku device.
1) Press the Home button on the Roku remote. Now, select Streaming Channels on the Roku home screen page.
2) It displays the Roku Channel Store. Select the Search tab on that page and enter the name of the app SiriusXM.
3) Select SiriusXM from all the related apps and tap Add Channel.
4) SiriusXM channel will get downloaded and installed on Roku. Now the app is available on Roku.
5) Open the SiriusXM Roku channel app, sign in with the SiriusXM account details, and enjoy listening to SiriusXM on Roku.
- If you don’t have a SiriusXM account, create a new account (https://www.siriusxm.com/).
Related: How to Install and Use SiriusXM on Apple TV [2 Ways]
Alternate Way: How to Use SiriusXM on Roku from Smartphones
Screen Mirroring is an easy way to share music and videos from smartphones to Roku TV. For Screen Mirroring, connect both the smartphones and Roku devices to the same Wi-Fi network. Moreover, you must enable Screen Mirroring on the Roku device.
1) On the Roku home page, select Settings. From the Settings menu, select System.
2) Select Screen Mirroring mode and enable it. Now, choose the option Always Allow or Prompt.
3) Get the SiriusXM app from Google Play Store on Android phones and the App Store on iPhone/iPad.
4) Once the app gets installed on the Smartphones, Open the SiriusXM app with login details on your smartphones.
5) On Android Phone, enable the Cast option or equivalent terms like Smart View in Control Center.
- On iPhones, enable the Screen Mirroring option from the notification panel.
6) Choose the Roku device name to which you want to mirror your phone screen in the device list. Once you select the Roku device, it will get connected to the smartphone.
Finally, open the SiriusXM app on your phone and pick your favorite content, and it will play on the Roku screen. Enjoy listening to SiriusXM music or video content on Roku.
Only a few newer models of Roku support Screen Mirroring. For example, Roku 3, Roku Streaming Stick, and Roku support Screen Mirroring. In addition, make sure that Android phones and iOS devices have the updated version and it supports Screen Mirroring.
Roku is the best option to stream SiriusXM Radio, and it is the perfect soundtrack at home. You can choose either of the methods to listen to the best podcasts, personalized recommendations, Pandora stations, etc.
SiriusXM premium users can play the SiriusXM music with the perfect sounds through their Roku Streaming Stick, Roku Premiere, Roku Ultra, or Roku Express.
It is limited to just one login at a time per subscription.
Go to SiriusXM.com and select Sign-in. Create a new account with a username and password. Now Download the app on your phone and Sign-in to start listening to SiriusXM.
With the SiriusXM Platinum plan, you get personalized Radio stations.
SiriusXM offers a 30-day free trial for new users without credit cards.