Skype is from Microsoft and one of the best communication apps for making audio calls, video calls, and chat with friends and family. Skype on Firestick will allow you to make free audio and video calls with high-quality audio and high definition videos. Above all, you can use Alexa to make calls. Let us see how to get Skype on Amazon Fire Stick.
Skype on Amazon Fire Stick
Skype is an official app on Amazon Firestick. You can find the app on the Amazon App Store and download it from there. Make sure to create your own Skype account before proceeding further.
How to Install Skype on Amazon Fire Stick
1). Turn on your Amazon Firestick and then connect it to the internet.
2). Press the home button on the Firestick remote and navigate to the home screen.
3). On the top menu bar, choose the Search icon.
4). And on the search bar, type Skype.
5). From the search results, choose the Skype app.
6). On the app installation screen, click on the Get or Download.
7). The Skype app would be downloaded and installed on your Firestick.
8). Click Open to launch the Skype app and log in with your credentials.
And that is how you install Skype on Amazon Fire Stick.
Alternate Way to Get Skype on Fire Stick
If you have any issue downloading the app on your Firestick, you can download the Skype app on Amazon Fire Stick from the Amazon site.
1. From your computer, go to the Amazon website.
2. Sign in to your Amazon account that you are using on your Firestick.
3. Go to the Search bar and type Skype.
4. Choose the Skype app and click the Get icon on the left side of the screen.
5. Then, choose your Firestick device from the list of linked devices.
6. Now, the Skype app will be downloaded on your Firestick.
How to Make Skype Calls using Alexa on Firestick
Alexa is like your personal assistant while using the Amazon devices. Firestick has also got the Alexa so that you can be able to complete a task with voice. Follow the steps given below to make calls using Alexa.
- Open the Alexa app on your Firestick.
- Go to Settings > Communication > Skype.
- Now, log in to your Skype.
- Then, press the audio button on your remote.
- Just say, Alexa, Skype Video Call Dad.
- This will make a video call to your dad via the Skype app on your Firestick.
Related: How to Use Zoom on Firestick.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you use Skype on Amazon Fire Stick?
Yes, you can use the Skype app on your Amazon Fire Stick. With the Skype app on Firestick, you can make audio calls, video calls, and more.
Can I video call on Firestick?
Using the Skype app, you can make video calls on Firestick provided that your TV has webcam support.