SoPlayer is an IPTV application form which you can play media contents on the internet. It is not a streaming app rather, it is a media player to access the media contents. To stream the media content, you should have an IPTV subscription. If your IPTV provider has media contents in different categories, the SoPlayer app will filter them into different categories like movies, TV shows, sports, and more. Through this article, learn the procedure to stream SoPlayer on Roku.
Unfortunately, SoPlayer is not available in the Roku Channel Store. So we need to sideload the app in order to watch it on Roku. And since SoPlayer is compatible with Android and iOS, let’s also learn to screen mirror SoPlayer.
How to Sideload SoPlayer on Roku
1) From your Roku’s remote press Home button (thrice) + Up (twice) + Right + Left + Right + Left + Right to enable developer mode.
2) Write down the IP address which is shown on the developer mode.
3) Then, select Enable Installer and restart and click on OK.
4) Then, select I Agree on the SDK License page.
5) Next, create a password and enter the IP address you have note down before.
6) Click on Upload and select the ZIP file of SoPlayer from the browser.
7) Next, click on Install. Wait for the installation, and SoPlayer will be opened as soon as the installation is over.
8) Now, sign in with your IPTV account and watch the media contents from SoPlayer on Roku.
How to Screen Mirror SoPlayer on Roku From Android
Before going to the steps, set screen mirroring mode on Roku to Always Allow. Go to Settings –> System –> Screen mirroring –> Enable Screen Mirroring –.> Always Allow
1) Connect your Android device and Roku to the same WIFI network.
2) Download and install the SoPlayer from the Play Store.
3) From the notification panel, click on Cast or Screen Cast option on your Android device.
4) Select your Roku device from the list of devices available.
5) Then, launch the SoPlayer app and log in with your IPTV details.
Related: How to Install SoPlayer on Apple TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I get SoPlayer on Roku?
There is no official channel for SoPlayer on Roku. But, you can get the app from the developer mode.
2. Can I watch IPTV on Roku?
Yes, you can watch IPTV videos on Roku. By using apps like SoPlayer and M3U Player, you can stream IPTV videos.