Twitch is the best streaming platform for gamers. You can find gameplay videos about all the popular games like PUBG, Free Fire, IGI, Clash of Clans, and more. With those videos, you can improve your gameplay and get your Winner Winner Chicken Dinner. But, installing the Twitch application on Roku is not an easy task.
The Twitch app was available on the Roku Channel Store until late 2014. When Amazon acquired Twitch on 25th August 2014, the application was removed in the Roku Store. Roku being the competitor of Amazon Firestick, the Twitch app was removed. The users who installed the app before the acquisition can use the Twitch app without any issues. But, you can’t install the Twitch app on your Roku right now.
Possible Ways to Access Twitch on Roku
Even for old users, the Twitch app is not responding and shows errors when trying to open the app. So, it is important to get an alternate way to install Twitch on Roku. Well, there are two possible ways to do it.
- Install Old Twitch App
- Install TTV Stream
How to Install Old Twitch app on Roku?
in this method, you are going to install the old Twitch app using the code. For this, you need a smartphone or PC.
(1) Open any web browser and go to the Roku website.
(2) Sign in with the account that you are using on your Roku.
(3) Go to Add Channel With a Code tab and enter TWITCHTV.
(4) After that, click the Add channel button.
(5) When you get the Channel is added notification, restart your Roku device.
(6) Now, the Twitch app will be installed on your device. Open the application.
(7) On the confirmation screen, click the Yes button.
(8) Then, you will get the Twitch application screen, Click the Add channel button.
(9) If you have a security pin, enter the four-digit pin and click OK.
(10) After that, you will get the confirmation screen stating that the Twitch app is installed on Roku.
(11) Now, you can start watching your favorite gameplay on your Roku.
Alternate Way: How to Install TTV Stream on Roku
In the TTV Stream app, you can link your Twitch account and access its videos and gameplays. But, the TTV Stream app is also not available on the Roku Channel Store. You have to install the app using its code.
(1) Go to the TTV Stream website and sign in with your Roku account.
(2) Click the Add Channel button. The application will be installed on your Rokr. If not, restart your device.
(3) Now, you need to active the TTV Streams app. Go to TTV Stream activate link and enter the activation code that appears on your Roku.
(4) On successful completion, add your Twitch account and start watching game videos.
There are some other alternatives like Twitched and Twitched Zero. But these apps are no longer exist.
Related: How to Download and Stream from Twitch on Xbox
These are two possible ways to access the Twitch application on Roku. The reentry of the Twitch app to the Roku Channel Store seems impossible. As Roku being the biggest rival to Amazon, you can’t expect this to happen any sooner. Until then, use any one of the above-mentioned ways to access the Twitch videos.